cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

temperatures

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1998 Leisurecraft made by StarCraft travel trailer and I can not figure out how to make the frig colder and the hot water heater hotter the frig is a dometic and the water heater is a surburban is this possible with either one they both work fine except like I said frig colder hot water heater hotter
10 REPLIES 10

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
my question is I have two reset knobs like the one on the left. is the one on the right removed in this picture I have not taken my black cover off yet but when I pull the rubber grommets over the reset knobs off I can see the white stems I don't want to pull cap until I am officially ready to tear it apart as of right now we are camping and do not want to mess anything up.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
There is a small nut on a threaded rod which is welded to the tank- unscrew the nut, unhook the wires and it's out. They look like this:
-- Chris Bryant

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
how does that come out when I remove the cover or the black box

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
That is normal for stock Suburban- the thermostats are under that black plastic cover- the reset is actually part of the thermostat. Usually, the right hand one is LP, left hand 120 volt, and they do put a lower temperature on the 120 volt side, but higher are available.
-- Chris Bryant

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
ok another dumb question I have two reset buttons towards the top of the unit on the face but I do not see where the thermostats are located I am not sure of model number because I can not read the label anymore it seems that the gas part heats the water up fine but it seems that electric does not heat water near as hot what is my problem or is this a normal thing

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On the fridge.. Not all have controls you can "turn up" however on one of the fins, normally on the RIGHT side of the fridge is a plastic clip.. Move it up, closer to the top. This will make it colder.

On the Water heater.. You already have good advice, Get a hotter T-Stat.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
both units when I say this are on electric not gas

btd35
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the fridge is usually a problem with air circulation to the coils and or outside air temp being HOT. It can only cool so many degrees down from the outside air temp. An RV refer is like putting a refer outside with the coils outside. Putting an aftermarket fan in the coil area to exhaust the heat out, can help, but still, it can only do so much on a hot day with the sun blaring down on that side of the trailer.
The water heater problem can be one of a couple of problems. First of all, is it on gas that it is too cool, or on electric. Either way it is most likely the thermostat of that system that is at fault. The gas and electric systems are completely different systems with their own thermostats.

Tom & Beth
05,Grand Junction 35TMS
99, Dodge 3500 Dually.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fridge colder.......
Turn temp setting all the way up (if not a pre-set control)
Slide thermistor all the way up on fin
Clean the burner tube, flue baffle, and burner orifice
Insure proper venting is occurring across back of fridge

Water heater..
Change out 'normal' temp t-stat to higher temp one
Clean burner tube, orifice, combustion/exhaust tube
Adjust burner flame, burner tube alignment and flame spreader
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Moved from Forum Technical Support