cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet Maintenance

Lowcountrydupre
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Thetford Aqua Magic Style II toilet in our 5th wheel. Is there any special maintenance that y'all do especially on the foot valve to keep from it sticking and water to run continually?
9 REPLIES 9

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Lowcountrydupree wrote:
We have a Thetford Aqua Magic Style II toilet in our 5th wheel. Is there any special maintenance that y'all do especially on the foot valve to keep from it sticking and water to run continually?

Maybe if you'd spend more time reading, and less time w/ funny's ?

Am I the only one to read this as a problem w/ the pressure water inlet valve ??

I have never had a water valve stick so as to let water into the bowl continuously. But I would think in hard water areas it could happen.
Bowl seals leaking, yes, but there again only from hard water deposits
on the blade, roughing up the seal.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have this same model and I'm on my 3rd one in just over 4 years of full time use. The movable parts just seem to wear out. I don't waste my time chasing repair when things starts to go wrong with this unit, I just replace it. I don't think the unit is up for full time use and parts just wear out and get sloppy.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Aside from occasional cleaning the only maintenance I do is feed it regularly.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
I think what they are telling you is it is a toilet. If you flush it and everything goes down all is good. Why ask why.

Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
352 wrote:
Sometimes stuff gets stuck down there. Reach your arm down the hole as far as you can. When down to the max feel around for anything chunky. Grab it and squeeze it between your fingers until it gets smaller then dump some water in it (After you pull your arm out of coarse}. Do this once a month for regular maintenance. Wash your hands before cooking. I do have a self help video available. Hope this helps.

What temperature should one cook them at?

98.6 degrees. Did you get the punch line?
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
352 wrote:
Sometimes stuff gets stuck down there. Reach your arm down the hole as far as you can. When down to the max feel around for anything chunky. Grab it and squeeze it between your fingers until it gets smaller then dump some water in it (After you pull your arm out of coarse}. Do this once a month for regular maintenance. Wash your hands before cooking. I do have a self help video available. Hope this helps.

What temperature should one cook them at?
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

AJB
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same toilet and had the same problem. I kept trying different ways to treat the seal in the bowl but nothing worked. I watched a video on the Thetford website on how to remove the foot petal and lubed everything. Put the pedal back on and it works great. I did not remove the toilet as shown in the video.

Explorer
Explorer
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope. I did just rebuild my traveler after nine years of faithful service.