Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

too late for me--but someday!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi All,

Well finally someone has figured out how to produce power from diodes at night!

https://www.sciencealert.com/experiment-shows-we-can-actually-generate-electricity-from-the-coldness...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
11 REPLIES 11

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
After I fell and hit my head on the bathroom sink, I drew this:
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
They talk about waste heat from machenery.. There are many many ways to turn heat into electricity.. You have at least 3 devices that do just that in your RV more than likely.. One in each of the following: Furnace, Water heater, Fridge (Unless you have a residential fridge).

The flame sensor is a Thermocouple. it turns heat into electricity.

Another device: There are a number of companies that make little warmer/coolers. these usually run on 12 volts (Draw around 6 amps) and hold perhaps a six pack of soft drink.. Some are hard sided some soft (one is shaped like a mini fridge about 1/3 cubic foot) Described in this article on Thermoelectric cooling THey also generate electricity if one side is hot and the other cold.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
There re dozens and dozens of new representatives who should be threatened.

Do not use a sharp object to clean your ears. Doctors warnings are fraught with warnings about possible deafness.

Those legislators hear just fine.

The real reason is if they should puncture an eardrum it would suck all the air out of the room.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which are semi, wandering?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
I'd like to see someone build an artificial brain for empty heads too....

They have ,,, there are 535 semi functional prototypes in place in the Congress and Senate of the US.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd like to see someone build an artificial brain for empty heads too....
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
They do expect to reach 4 watts, eventually. It truly is a break through.

Unfortunately, no matter how efficient the conversion factors are, it gets really tough to generate useful energy from a source where it doesn't exist in quantities that are economically worth extracting.

For example: We've had night vision goggles for years. Why don't we just shut all the lights off and use them? Answer: Because they cost too much, the color rendition/resolution is poor, and, using them is a PITA! For most people, a $2.00 flashlight works better than a $150.00 pair of night vision goggles.

Chum lee

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
2manytoyz wrote:
I'm impressed they were able to measure that. It's a completely useless amount, and takes up a large footprint.

I agree, it's a useless amount.
The Wright Brothers first flight was a little over 100 feet. They proved it could be done, then we built on the idea.

Technology has to start somewhere.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I still want someone to build chambers with enough examples of vacuum insulated CO2 and regular air then % proportionately fill them with CO2 then set them out for thermal studies. Hard numbers are irrefutable and politics proof.

Scientists and astrophysicists have known about solar cycles and knew greater cycles have produced profound climate effects on this planet in recorded history.

Glacial eras had absolutely nothing to do with with atmospheric concentrations of CO2. Yet the Potomac River froze over in the late 1700's, there was a mini ice age in the 1300's. And for the next 30 years we are going to be immersed in a major temperature down trend. And the climate geniuses did not see this coming?

This is why I have zero faith in government sponsored projects. Crying wolf ridicules the honest facts.

To harvest starshine may entail producing more pollution from manufacturing than harvesting would ever compensate for.

Why not study gas reformers that would exchange methane (cowfarts) for less polluting alternatives? Not really cowfarts but methane rich natural gas?

Too much blowhard politics and not enough research for me. Let the Weather Channel and National Meteorological Society fund the CO2 studies. They emit enough unsupported hot air and threaten meteorologist licenses for not adhering to their Seig Heil demands of Climate Change or was it Global Warming? When failed lawyers make laws without studies, we're in trouble.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
They do expect to reach 4 watts, eventually. It truly is a break through.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
In the team's experiments they were able to produce 64 nanowatts per square metre (10.8 square feet) of power

A nanowatt is One thousand millionth (10-9) of a watt.

I'm impressed they were able to measure that. It's a completely useless amount, and takes up a large footprint. "Neat", but they'd be better off putting lightning bugs in a jar. ๐Ÿ˜›
Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/