cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT back up camera help

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
I am ordering a backup camera to pair with my Garman RV 760. I am ordering a BC20 wireless camera. I know about the quality of wired versus wireless. I hope to mount the camera high on the back of my TT. I will be using an extension cable to run to my battery box for 12v supply. Here is where I'm having problems. How do you get the cable from the top back of the TT to the front battery box? I know I can get 12v at the lights that's not the question.
Any help is appreciated.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff
3 REPLIES 3

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is what I did with my back up camera. I mounted it just below the rear center clearance light and wired it to the light. Ran the wires through the hole for the clearance light to the transmitter. Drilled a hole through the paneling to the inside and mounted transmitter inside the cabinet that was there. I also wired the screen to the parking lights in the truck. So all that I have to do so get a picture is turn on the parking lights. Also works for passing or getting on the interstate, as I turn it on and I can see what is behind the trailer.
I also put a switch on the screen in the truck, so if I use the truck at night, I can turn he screen off.
Dr Quick

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
RF link that plugs into the camera is about $15 on ebay. Much easier than running wire.

I have no quality issues.

Run it straight across the roof and put a bit of Dicor every 10 or 12 inches. My antenna cable is secured with dicor.
Joe and Evelyn

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't want to run to your lights for power, as I see it, you only have a couple of options. 1. Run it down the outside, maybe on a ladder with zip ties down below the trailer and along the frame rails. 2. Drill a hole in the trailer and figure out how to run it down the inside back wall to the bottom of the trailer and along the frame rails to the battery.

Let me be the first to ask - why don't you want to get the power from the lights?
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke