cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Under the slideout

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting delamination in a couple of spots (3 inch wide strips) on the bottom of slide in a couple of spots. Not wet...any thoughts and what may need to be done?
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013
5 REPLIES 5

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Seal the decorator pieces on the corners of the trim. Water can get behind it and drip down to the bottom of the slide.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

colonelcorto
Explorer
Explorer
3 inches is the width of a backer. I build RV walls for a living and sometimes the backers we get have excessive oil or water on them. In that situation, the glue may not bind the fiberglass to the backer or the backer may not bond to the foam.

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
Joe417 wrote:
I had that happen on a prowler 5th W.

It had 1/2" pipe about 4" long mounted horizontally like rollers on the outside edge of the camper to support the slide as it rolled out. There were 4 of them. They were literally a roughly cut piece of pipe slid on a 1/4" x 6" bolt mount between 2 "L" brackets.

The fiberglass obviously wasn't bonded well enough to withstand the weight of the slide on the "rollers". It eventually made cracks in the fiberglass.

I ended up replacing the whole slide floor but not because of the cracks. While doing that I re-worked the rollers and bolts so they rolled easier. Used a smaller pipe on 3/8" bolts and rounded the edges. I didn't put fiberglass back on the bottom of the slide I used a woven black plastic material that is used on the bottom of some brands of campers.

Worked great the rest of the time we had it.

Our '01 Jayco which we bought new and still works great, has a solid plastic (probably nylon) support about 3" wide and the full length of the 12' slide. Much better than the rollers.

That is exactly what mine was, a 3โ€ wide white plastic, but on the depth (inside to out). There is one more that looks like maybe glue loosening. Not sure what to do on it...knocking on where it came off sounds solid...
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I had that happen on a prowler 5th W.

It had 1/2" pipe about 4" long mounted horizontally like rollers on the outside edge of the camper to support the slide as it rolled out. There were 4 of them. They were literally a roughly cut piece of pipe slid on a 1/4" x 6" bolt mount between 2 "L" brackets.

The fiberglass obviously wasn't bonded well enough to withstand the weight of the slide on the "rollers". It eventually made cracks in the fiberglass.

I ended up replacing the whole slide floor but not because of the cracks. While doing that I re-worked the rollers and bolts so they rolled easier. Used a smaller pipe on 3/8" bolts and rounded the edges. I didn't put fiberglass back on the bottom of the slide I used a woven black plastic material that is used on the bottom of some brands of campers.

Worked great the rest of the time we had it.

Our '01 Jayco which we bought new and still works great, has a solid plastic (probably nylon) support about 3" wide and the full length of the 12' slide. Much better than the rollers.
Joe and Evelyn

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting it on the edges where water runs off the side. With no lip the water migrates around the edge and has raised the underside in about 1/2" in places., I glued and screwed with recessed heads so it'll slide over the rollers and not tear the carpet. I think a plastic runner might find it's way in the spot eventually.

I'd glue it back in place if possible and double check for a leak.
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually