cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

voltage drop

tlaffourtit
Nomad
Nomad
how much voltage drop is normal for a agm 12v battery or any battery if it is fully charged and connected to nothing?
Sue and Tim
38 REPLIES 38

tlaffourtit
Nomad
Nomad
Saturday 12.81 12.81 12.81 12.81 12.82 12.82 12.82 12.82
strange how together the voltage was 12.84v but single none were over 12.82v
i'm already confused. but I think it's a good thing the voltages are all close.
Sue and Tim

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi tlaffourtit,

What make and size of batteries?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

tlaffourtit
Nomad
Nomad
ok, i'll give it a couple of days. thanks to all. it's great to hear other opinions.
Sue and Tim

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
tlaffourtit wrote:
the batteries I have i float at 13.5v. once I disconnect them from the charger; I am guessing they shouldn't stay at 13.5v but drop down into the 12v range? example I had the batteries floating at 13.5 volts for a couple of hours. then is disconnected the charger and took a reading of 12.96v across the 8 battery string. this morning the reading was 12.84v. my question is; it this normal? you responded it depends on the make up of the battery. is there any other information I could get from the battery label to help?

It can take a couple of days for the top charge excessive voltage to dissapate.

Come back in a couple of days and tell us what you got, with nothing attached to them. If you are at or over 12.73V, then you are doing good.

What you are seeing sounds normal to me.

MrWizard
Those readings seem normal to me
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

tlaffourtit
Nomad
Nomad
maybe I should disconnect the sting from itself and take individual readings?
Sue and Tim

tlaffourtit
Nomad
Nomad
the batteries I have i float at 13.5v. once I disconnect them from the charger; I am guessing they shouldn't stay at 13.5v but drop down into the 12v range? example I had the batteries floating at 13.5 volts for a couple of hours. then I disconnected the charger and took a reading of 12.96v across the 8 battery string. this morning the reading was 12.84v. my question is; it this normal? you responded it depends on the make up of the battery. is there any other information I could get from the battery label to help?
Sue and Tim

tlaffourtit
Nomad
Nomad
lol, yes I did. and ty. i'll correct it.
Sue and Tim

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Do you mean agm battery?

Self discharge can be as little as 1% per month or as great as 1% per day. It depends on the chemistry that the battery maker is using.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.