cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water fill tube Question

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
Wife informs me that she has no problem filling fresh water tank with pressure nozzle. I have wondered why it wants to air lock and fill slowly, Today I crawled under there and find that the fill tibe makes a 90 and runs over a side stile in one of the cabinets. In doing so it makes a slight incline to the result that it will only gravity feed 1/3 of the tube diameter. Is this by design or by stupid?

There is room to notch and fix the issue.
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer
19 REPLIES 19

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Old-Biscuit wrote:
"Boss says I'm doing fresh water installs. And to think yesterday I was just a lot jockey. This job is alright......Boss says I should be doing electrical wiring by next week"

And CEO by next year. :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Old-Biscuit wrote:
"Boss says I'm doing fresh water installs. And to think yesterday I was just a lot jockey. This job is alright......Boss says I should be doing electrical wiring by next week"

Sorry, but RV factory jobs are specialized. They do NOT move people around from dept's. They do NOT have time to move and train people for specific dept's. The production line moves too fast to wait for a novice to get up to speed. Doug

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
The stupid is it took me ten years before I was fed up and actually looked in there. Over 90 degrees today so I'll wait a few days to fix it.
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
"Stupid".
The deeper you dig into any RV, the more of these little engineering marvels you'll find to fix.