cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless HDMI?

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting a new tablet (Galaxy 10 32g) which has a micro HDMI output plug, I know they make adapter plugs from mini to standard HDMI but I would like to go wireless to the TV.

Ideally I would like to use Bluetooth/out on the tablet side then to a Bluetooth/HDMI on the TV side.

Do they make something like that or will I need separate boxes on both ends?

If a separate box is needed on the tablet side does anyone have any recommendations for one?

This would be something I could use in the camper as well as home.

Thanks

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650
11 REPLIES 11

zedd
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
Yep, connect a $99 AppleTV to a TV and stream video/music over WiFI using Apple AirPlay from any iOS device (iPhone, iPad,...).

That'll work but only with the later versions of IOS. And only the later versions of Apple TV, IIRC. And only for Apple devices, as usual with Apple. BTW, poke around and you can find Apple TV boxes for around $75.
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, Lariat, 6.4l PSD, Super Cab. Long Bed
2006 Jayco Jay Flight 27.5 RLS Fifth Wheel

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
HiTech wrote:
Might be cheaper to get another tablet or set top box hardwired in the end. There are some brands that will stream over WiFi which is really what it would take to get decent bandwidth and range.

Yep, connect a $99 AppleTV to a TV and stream video/music over WiFI using Apple AirPlay from any iOS device (iPhone, iPad,...).
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
mena661 wrote:
rjsurfer wrote:

As a matter of fact it's called Chromekey and will be out in August for $35...It attaches to your TV via a HDMI cable and to your local net via Wifi and your phone or tablet can stream to the TV wirelessly.

Ron W.
Now this sounds like something I'd really be interested in too.

Yes it does. YOu can watch your netflix and mirror your screen on it based on reports.
But those reports were some speculation and not official from Google.
CAn't wait to see.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
rjsurfer wrote:

As a matter of fact it's called Chromekey and will be out in August for $35...It attaches to your TV via a HDMI cable and to your local net via Wifi and your phone or tablet can stream to the TV wirelessly.

Ron W.
Now this sounds like something I'd really be interested in too.

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Ron, I have DLNA built into my TV and wireless connected to my network.
I can send certain type files to the TV with the Jelly Bean built into our tablets and smartphones without any peripheral equipment or software.

I was reading up on the AllShare and it seems to do the same thing as what is built into my 'stuff'.

I think there are some limitations.

Exactly what are you wanting to do? Play video files from the tablet, share pictures to the TV screen, watch Netflix, etc.?
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
OP back, it appears that the AllShare by Samsung is what I'm looking for....except that the tablet I'm interested in is the Google Nexus 10.

From what others are saying Google might be coming out with their own version. It might be worth the wait.

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
There is the Samsung AllShare Cast. Not sure which tablet you have. The AllShare is about $68 on Amazon. There is also a rumor Google is working on a wifi Chrome dongle for $30.

We have the AllShare. Works great with our Galaxy S3. Does not work with the 7" Tab 2.

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
Might be cheaper to get another tablet or set top box hardwired in the end. There are some brands that will stream over WiFi which is really what it would take to get decent bandwidth and range.

Jim

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
The ActionTec seems like it would work for my application but after hooking up the transmitter box to the tablet with the associated AC brick and cables etc., it's not so wireless if you get what I mean:B

The connections on the TV side aren't an issue.

My meager search results show that Bluetooth is just to slow for HD video content so that's out.

Maybe there is a way to connect the internal wireless card to the TV?

The ioGear looks perfect except the ioGear needs to run software on laptop side so my Android based tablet isn't going to work. I will check iOgear on that software requirement

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I do not think you can broadcast any type HDMI wireless. Even the Wireless ATT TV receivers require a HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV. Are you trying to display content from your new tablet to the TV by wireless? Doug

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
You might check this: Best Buy

Or this: ioGear

The only ones I have experience with are from a professional company that cost nearly $2,000 (but work quite well).
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....