cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Post your tow vehicle pics here

doughboy81972
Explorer
Explorer
hello all I figure that I would start this thread so we can all show off our TV's that do the burden work and then are forgoten once you get where you are going. so here is my 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 LB, EC, 2WD

Note from moderator,
Please keep pics to a max 640 width as a favor to those with smaller screens and dial up. "IF" you can not figure out how to make the pics smaller, post them, PM me or hit 'notify moderator' button, say you can not resize pics, and I aka blt2ski/Marty will go in and edit/fix.
Enjoy everyones pics
Marty

>

Steven 44
1 dog
IL Rallies attended :B:B
2,652 REPLIES 2,652

Wyomings
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my rig. 1997 F250 HD, 460, 5sp 73k miles. This is on top of Dead Indian Pass in NW Wyoming taken last weekend.

dsotmoon
Explorer
Explorer
just upgraded from a 2011 1500 hemi, will make my first trip with the 2500 in a couple weeks, i did set up the hitch this past weekend and pull it around town a bit, you cant even tell the trailer is there!

current rig: 2013 Ram 2500, 4x4, 6.7 cummins diesel
TT: 2013 rockwood signature series 8319ss

"There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact, it's all dark. "

TV: 2013 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins Diesel
TT: 2013 Rockwood Signature Series 8319SS

apr67
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Up wrote:

You may just need heavier rated spring bars if that's the best you can do however.

Good luck and nice looking rig.

I've got 1000lbs bars on a 6500lbs (empty) TT.

The real proof in the pudding is scales, which I need to do. However 3200 miles of towing in rain, and everything else and it stops, turns to avoid truck tires and overall handles quite well. I think the picture makes it look different than it really is, its actually pretty level front to back.

However without the trailer on it the Titan looks like a funny car the rear end is so high.
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
apr67 wrote:

I already almost lift the rear wheels off the ground to get the torsion bars attached and I have a hard time getting the chains on at that.

Also, keep in mind that 3 people are inside the trailer in that picture, instead of the 5 usually in the truck. It actually handles fine, Titans are just sprung a bit soft. Airbags are in my future however.

I guess as long as it handles ok. We also have had a lot of people in the truck and it never affected the leveling much. We also put stuff in the bed.

I will say I agree on the Titan soft suspension as my previous Titan was actually very soft in the suspension as well, which made the axle ratings hard to swallow.

You may just need heavier rated spring bars if that's the best you can do however.

Good luck and nice looking rig.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

apr67
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Up wrote:

Please torque up those spring bars so you don't lose steering control in the rain. Just recommending. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I already almost lift the rear wheels off the ground to get the torsion bars attached and I have a hard time getting the chains on at that.

Also, keep in mind that 3 people are inside the trailer in that picture, instead of the 5 usually in the truck. It actually handles fine, Titans are just sprung a bit soft. Airbags are in my future however.
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

dmax_83
Explorer
Explorer
^^^ Looks good, my duramax is victory red too! ^^^
1998 Jayco Eagle 302FK (Honda EU3000is)
2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2003 Honda Aquatrax F-12X Turbo

Balance_Of_Judg
Explorer
Explorer
the new(to me) TV I brought up from FL this spring.
boy helped pick it out off of CL, red is his favorite color;)

essness
Explorer
Explorer
Ours,

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Slownsy on this... if there is sagging, it isn't much that I can see. Maybe if I saw an unhitched picture of the truck I could tell.

Anyways...... Back to pictures!

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Ther are white lines on road under wehicle if anything it is lower at front than at back.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

aemedic
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Mike Up wrote:
apr67 wrote:

2012 Nissan Titan

Please torque up those spring bars so you don't lose steering control in the rain. Just recommending. ๐Ÿ˜‰

How can you tell how much pressure is on the spring bars from that picture? With my Reese WD hitch, my springs bars are parallel with the hitch/frame when hooked up, just like that picture. I adjusted the pressure of the spring bars by adjusting the angle of the hitch that is attached to the truck. Or are you thinking of a different type of hitch?

With my old set-up, you could adjust the angle of the hitch head and thus got more leverage with the bars. This allows you keep the tongue weight from forcing a nose up condition like your truck is demonstrating...
Chris

2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380

ghaindle
Explorer
Explorer
Goostoff wrote:
Slownsy wrote:
Me thinks you nead new glasses, or else I do.

Must be you cause I noticed it too but didnt say anything cause it isnt that bad. I have seen plenty of trucks completely dragging ass down the road. Its almost like some people just put them on and hook on the 1st link for looks.

I noticed it as well but I thought that maybe a little slope in the parking lot might be the cause.
2008 Fun Finder 18FBS
2011 F150 EcoBoost w/3:55

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Slownsy wrote:

Must be you cause I noticed it too but didnt say anything cause it isnt that bad. I have seen plenty of trucks completely dragging ass down the road. Its almost like some people just put them on and hook on the 1st link for looks.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:

How can you tell how much pressure is on the spring bars from that picture? With my Reese WD hitch, my springs bars are parallel with the hitch/frame when hooked up, just like that picture. I adjusted the pressure of the spring bars by adjusting the angle of the hitch that is attached to the truck. Or are you thinking of a different type of hitch?

It's not adjusted correctly. The truck is nose high with a lot of rear sagging. The bars need to be adjusted to level the truck.

PM me if you want to discuss it further.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.