cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Post your tow vehicle pics here

doughboy81972
Explorer
Explorer
hello all I figure that I would start this thread so we can all show off our TV's that do the burden work and then are forgoten once you get where you are going. so here is my 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 LB, EC, 2WD

Note from moderator,
Please keep pics to a max 640 width as a favor to those with smaller screens and dial up. "IF" you can not figure out how to make the pics smaller, post them, PM me or hit 'notify moderator' button, say you can not resize pics, and I aka blt2ski/Marty will go in and edit/fix.
Enjoy everyones pics
Marty

>

Steven 44
1 dog
IL Rallies attended :B:B
2,652 REPLIES 2,652

clarkely
Explorer
Explorer
bigdodgeram wrote:
I would hate to see your trailer when those tires blow going that fast.

That's why you don't run cheapy imports.......
You run good tires fully inflated......so they run cooler. Haven't had one go down on a camper yet...knock on Wood.....I did have an import go down on my 22' 4 Place snowmobile trailer....all loaded up on a trip.

I bought the trailer and it had cheap imports on (tandem Axle)and i had a tire go down and shred to pieces at 85MPH.

Did not even Know it went down.....somebody pulled up next to me....and let me know. That is the beauty of multiple Axles.......lot more tread on the pavement.....very unusual to have all 4 or two on the same side to go at one time.......if you run to long on 1 it will go down quickly.

I am getting Tire pressure monitors for the travel Trailer......I can see the front two in my camper mirrors....so I am getting them for the rear wheels.......better safe than sorry ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
bigdodgeram wrote:

That thought went through my mind too, so we kept it between 60-63 on the Interstates and 50-55 on the two-laner's. Felt plenty fast for me.

It was tempting to unleash the beast every once and a while, but that "phase" quickly disappeared once I got over the "let's see what she can do" feeling out period.

Mike

bigdodgeram
Explorer
Explorer
95,Dodge RAM 2500 Club Cab, Red, SLT Laramie 2WD, 5.9 V-8, 46RH Trany. 5th Wheel Hitch & Tailgate. Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller. 1998 Fleetwood 28' Wilderness 5th wheel, 2 legged hitch support.
lovely wife, & Molly & Cassie our black & yellow labs.

clarkely
Explorer
Explorer
Mike E. wrote:
New to us tow vehicle.

'01 Suburban 2500 LT - 8.1L - 4.10 diff.

Just got back from a trip to Yellowstone. Thing tows like a monster - "Hmm, trailers probably aren't supposed to travel at 72MPH. Better slow it down a bit." "Yes Dear..."
Caught up to a Duramax after leaving a Hemi in the dust going up Steven's Pass in WA keeping my RPM at 2900 - kids yelling, "Pass him Dad!!" Didn't bother as he was more willing to let it hang out on the flats (he passed me prior to the Pass) than I'd ever be. Owners of above mentioned vehicles please don't flame me, as I would have bought either if I'd found one for the same deal I got the 'Burb for.;)

Very decent upgrade from our 4.7L Ram 1500, plus the kids are a bit more spread out now.

Cheers folks,

Mike

In regards to the 72 MPH wife comment.......I tell my wife i paid for the best brakes upgraded the discs,the controller.....so i could drive over 70...........Honey the truck gets its best mileage between 75-80 ๐Ÿ™‚
She loves me..so she believes me ๐Ÿ™‚

OutdoorFord
Explorer
Explorer
Well after 5 trucks in the past two years, here is where we have eneded up...

25 years from retirement and counting!!

2006 F-350 King Ranch Crew Cab Dually FX4
2006 Northshore 31RG

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
New to us tow vehicle.

'01 Suburban 2500 LT - 8.1L - 4.10 diff.

Just got back from a trip to Yellowstone. Thing tows like a monster - "Hmm, trailers probably aren't supposed to travel at 72MPH. Better slow it down a bit." "Yes Dear..."
Caught up to a Duramax after leaving a Hemi in the dust going up Steven's Pass in WA keeping my RPM at 2900 - kids yelling, "Pass him Dad!!" Didn't bother as he was more willing to let it hang out on the flats (he passed me prior to the Pass) than I'd ever be. Owners of above mentioned vehicles please don't flame me, as I would have bought either if I'd found one for the same deal I got the 'Burb for.;)

Very decent upgrade from our 4.7L Ram 1500, plus the kids are a bit more spread out now.

Cheers folks,

Mike

bigdodgeram
Explorer
Explorer
man that would really make me mad!
95,Dodge RAM 2500 Club Cab, Red, SLT Laramie 2WD, 5.9 V-8, 46RH Trany. 5th Wheel Hitch & Tailgate. Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller. 1998 Fleetwood 28' Wilderness 5th wheel, 2 legged hitch support.
lovely wife, & Molly & Cassie our black & yellow labs.

bud121156
Explorer
Explorer
Someone ran off the road and hit my neighbors truck, just missing the camper and the store behind!

2014 Coachmen Freedom Express Bunkhouse
2017 F-150

Yodelpup
Explorer
Explorer
07 Tundra DC 4x4 5.7
08 Fleetwood Saratoga

08 Fleetwood Saratoga
07 Toyota Tundra 5.7

mxsjw
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 5.7L 4x4 Limited
2003 19' Layton Skyline 196LT
2003 Layton Skyline 196LT
2007 Toyota Tundra

jam9964
Explorer
Explorer
The Cat hooked up to the Powestroke

alaskasafari
Explorer
Explorer

We love our Tundra. It pulls our AS like it's not even there. Last trip averaged just shy of 14.5 with a 6,200lb load.

Toyota Tundra CM 5.7V8
25' Airstream Safari

deee2
Explorer
Explorer
Steve & Donna
2009 Bighorn 3055rl
2008 Ford 350 4x4 DRW
Diesel, Tow Boss

RodZZilla
Explorer
Explorer

That is the 93 Gasser

Here is the 05 Duramax

RodZZilla
Explorer
Explorer
truckin-on wrote:
Our 1997 Chevy K-3500 crew-cab, 4x4 with 454 gas, 5-speed manual, Banks power-pack headers and exhaust. Converted to 454-SS trim. Special-order truck. Pulling a Cougar 314 5th-wheel.

Nice! I had a 1993 Black K3500 Extended Cab 454/5-Speed. I put the newer blacked out grille and painted bumper on it.