cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Uncle Tony on Rivian Trucks and Parking Garage Fire

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Uncle Tony exposes Rivian trucks with huge potential body repair costs and the parking garage fire in London.

Link

Link 2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
10 REPLIES 10

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
I drive a gasser and two diesel trucks. Previously had a hybrid Prius. Exceptionally happy with that vehicle. My opinion is that the all electric vehicles are pushed for 1 of 3 reasons: a) the true believers want to impose their view of how the world should be regardless of costs to the average consumer and regardless of the loss of convenience; or b) there is an opportunity to make $$ from electric vehicles (i.e. Tesla); or c) the electric vehicle suits certain niche needs and people in those niches will buy one <<< I don't fit that niche.
....so, by and large, I'm not a huge fan of electric vehicles and I believe there is an agenda behind them (although I won't cast a moral judgment on that agenda).

That being said, there are plenty of reasons to challenge electric vehicles: the asserted-in-the-video costs of repair, the apparent spontaneous combustion (supported by an absolute stretch of belief and logic), and the largely unreasoned arguments of Uncle Tony don't provide a sound basis for challenging electric vehicles.

I won't support electric vehicles until I'm forced to, but if I were a supporter, this video would not provide any sort of basis to change my view.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
The current (no pun intended) EV thread was gettin stale, so had to start another one?

The more things change the more they stay the same. Funny stuff the comments in this thread.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

TCBear
Explorer
Explorer
Or perhaps "Uncle Tony" (how warm n' fuzzy) is simply using the common social influencer ploy. Say controversial things to get attention... generate attention... raise the online eyeball count... generate additional revenues... lather, rinse, repeat. Boring competence doesn't always sell well, but exciting gibberish can be a lucrative moneymaker on the InterTubes. See "Kardashian."

TCBear
Explorer
Explorer
After reading through part of the fire video transcript (didn't bother watching it), "Uncle Tony" comes across as a low information conspiracy theorist who searches for "facts" to confirm his personal biases. Apparently that fire originated in a decade old diesel SUV. And that, in turn, apparently confirms that...modern EVs suck and are inherently unsafe and will kill us all. Yeah, I asked my German Shepherd to explain that and he couldn't either, but he suggested it might make sense if drunk. Then the Shepherd shocked me by uttering, "A statistical sample of one proves absolutely nothing." I'd suggest alternate activities to watching Uncle Tony videos, such as watching paint dry, shouting German obscenities at pigeons, painting secret coded messages on your toenails, etc.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Got to love Uncle Tony... He was called a Muppet by the Electric Viking so get the popcorn it's fixing to be on. :B

Enjoy...

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
"Body repair costs..."

You mean like when the aluminum F150s first came out?

You mean because the body panels can't be pounded back out, and have to be replaced?

You mean like when your fancy steel body truck gets a dent and you always demand that they replace the panel rather than just pounding it back out?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
The current (no pun intended) EV thread was gettin stale, so had to start another one?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
free radical wrote:
Tesla batts dont burn even when shot by machine guns.

Are you sure?

Tesla Fire Tracking Website.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are numerous news videos of Tesla fires. The batteries may not have been the cause in all cases but the batteries definitely burned.
I have a Fire Chief friend and they hate using 6000 gallons of water to put them out.
Puma 30RKSS

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Fwiw lion batts do NOT spontaneously combust.

Maybe the Frod trucks have been damaged when loading or deliberately so by EV haters,wouldnt be the first time.

Tesla batts dont burn even when shot by machine guns

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-performance-vs-hamas-terrorist-photos-video/