cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who misses the Tow Vehicle discussions?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

It’s a bummer. All the new good and mis-information has ceased. RIP tow rig forum…..

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II

It's been on a steady decline for the past 20 years. When I joined in 2004 there was at least a page of threads that were either new threads or had new responses. Even while we were still on the old forum last December, the number of new/updated threads had dwindled to less than a handful a day, and most of those were being kept alive by the usual pot-stirrers. 

Now most of the usual pot-stirrers have gone "full old man," taken their balls and bats, and gone home, because of the new forum.

After two months I feel I've given the new site a fair shake, and I'm coming down on the side of the grumpy old men who passed judgement on day one. I don't like it. and if you know me I'm one of the most open minded, least fussy, most adaptable people you'll ever meet, so that's saying something.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

PatJ
Explorer II
Explorer II

Agree, I miss the old format a lot. 

I tow a 7k car hauler with quads, which is feather-light as far as this sub-forum is concerned, but it was still my favorite read. 

Patrick

I don’t miss the old format at all. I think the new format is a massive improvement. It’s like getting a new microwave oven; it works a little differently and you have to get used to it. The improvement in the search function alone (as evidenced by the resurrection of a ton of 5+ year old posts lately) is well worth the change. I say bravo and thank-you!

I have no insight into why “Tow Vehicles” may be experiencing comparatively less use. Might just be tow vehicles are less on the mind in the winter.