cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy Haulers

rgus
Explorer
Explorer
The Boss and I are retired and have decided to travel in the winter and maybe in a year or two make it full time. We want a toy hauler so that we can take the bikes with us. This is absolutely new territory for both of us so we are trying to look at different units. We like the Raptor series but don't know anything about the history and costs, maintance or even if we should be looking at a different manufacturer. You guys that have done this a while please give us the benefit of your knowledge. Things wee should look at etc.
34 REPLIES 34

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
What kinda Locamotive do you have or are you looking for a vehicle as well?

And a budget. You can go from mid 50k to 150k
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
And when you get over to the toy hauler forum, there is a sticky with a current list of all the toyhaulers out there, hours and hours of floorplans and specs to look at.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Ask the moderator to move your post to the Toy Hauler forum for a better response....
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

rgus
Explorer
Explorer
No the bikes are motorcycles. She has a Spyder and I have a Harley Davidson. We though about getting a class A and hauling them in a trailer but then we have no vehicle we can use other than the bikes. that is one reason we are looking at Toy Haulers

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
If all you are putting in the toy hauler is a couple of bikes, (assuming they are the pedal variety) I would skip the toy hauler and just get a bike rack for the rear bumper. As for choice of units, see if there is a camping show near you any time soon and check all the MFG's. and see what they have to offer. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W