cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

07 lbz thanks everyone ((pics added))

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone I bought a classic 07 lbz 4x4 immaculate condition new tires leather power everything 80k miles 1 owner (older guy in his 80s) for 28k all service records
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
35 REPLIES 35

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot affair wrote:
Paul Clancy wrote:
Looking at the weather makes me wish I was in Cali on the coast at Chula Vista. Nice truck too. In Canada most older diesels are rusted up or oil rig mudders.

Really?

2007 with just over 40k miles

2006 with 40k miles

When truck shopping I chased plenty of ads like that. Once you see them in person - not so nice. Especially the frames. That's why I bought new.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody i really appreciate all the info, feel really lucky to have seen this truck the minute the guy put it for sale. Wife and kids are all happy. now we can take longer trips and go further out than we did with our half ton. Leaving to south lake Tahoe In it tomorrow am, friends let us use there time share out there. All my in laws are in Texas so now we can travel down that way too. Stoked! Happy new year every body.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
IdaD wrote:
mkirsch wrote:
No offense but my banker would be flogging me for paying $28K for a 9 year old truck. Heck, she gave me a tongue lashing for paying what I paid for the truck in my signature when I bought it in 2010, and that was less than half what you paid, AND it only had 31,000 miles on it.

That's the market on used diesels these days, though, or at least that's the market on the desirable ones (I'm not naming names).

I shopped used trucks for quite awhile and ended up deciding it wasn't worth going with a used model unless I wanted to go with a gas truck. I paid $11k more for mine new than OP did used. Whether that $11k in savings is worth 8 years of use and 80k miles boils down to personal preference - I think either decision is reasonable depending on circumstances.

This is a good example of how diesels don't actually cost any more than gas trucks in terms of total ownership cost.

Congrats to OP - the reputation on that model is fantastic.

In fairness a 39k RAM does not have leather and all the things that go with higher optioned rigs. Apple crate seats vs power/heated/cooled ones. Different class of vehicle.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Bigfoot_affair
Nomad II
Nomad II
Paul Clancy wrote:
Looking at the weather makes me wish I was in Cali on the coast at Chula Vista. Nice truck too. In Canada most older diesels are rusted up or oil rig mudders.

Really?

2007 with just over 40k miles

2006 with 40k miles

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job!! I bought my 06 LBZ a year old in 07 with 25K miles on it for $28,000. Drove it for over 6 years and put 125K more miles on and sold it in 2014 for 21.5K. So, $6500 to drive an awesome truck for 6 years. Yep, those trucks are in demand. While the diesel holding value things always true, IMO the emission stuff on the newer ones REALLY puts these at a premium.

You'll love it! Mine was generally trouble free but did take some money to keep it on the road over the years:

Both front hubs needed to be done along with some other various suspension parts - Pitman arm I think.
Tranny lines leaked a couple times (common issue for this truck)
Part of the xfer case needed to be replaced (not pump rub as you'll probably read about)
A few glow plugs along the way (unless it's super cold it's not a huge deal to run for a bit with 1 or 2 bad)
There were probably a few other things I'm forgetting. NEVER had to touch anything with the brakes.... absolutely amazing. Still had over 40% on the fronts the day I sold it according the dealer, rears even more.
Changed the oil every 8-10K along with the fuel filter, spin on tranny filter every 20K or so, air filter every 20K or so.

It was a great truck and I miss it. It was ultimately a business decision to get a new truck. Fear of upcoming repairs, tax advantage for my company for buying a new one, etc.

Check out dieselplace.com for a message board. Super great group of guys. Lots of guys doing mods and lifts and whatnot but also just good information if you're not into that.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice truck... It looks exactly like my parents Chevy Duramax (with ~50k miles) right down to the chrome step bars.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. I bet your neighbor is really happy you didn't get a older Ram :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer

Bigfoot_affair
Nomad II
Nomad II
You guy's want LBZ's? Look in Canada, that $28K truck would have been just over $20k after the conversion.

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!!
New to the RV world and loving every minute of it.
2015 Nissan Frontier 4x4 6 cyl
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
Indeed sir!
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back home with the truck,pics coming tomorrow am. I feel really happy and lucky to have got this truck.

robrose1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I paid 26k for my truck in 09 and it only had 18k miles on it. Everytime I take it to the dealer for an oil change the salesman offer me 26k as a trade in. The LBZ holds its value.
Rob and Rose
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 29FWRLS
2006 GMC DURAMAX/ALLISON