cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15RB lug nut size

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
We are picking up a new Starcraft 15RB when we head to ND in a few weeks. The dealer is batting about .500 on correct answers to questions so I have given up asking. Does any one know the lug nut wrench size? I am assembling a small tool kit for running the stabilizers and changing a tire if necessary. I hope the lug nuts are 3/4" like the stabilizers.
Thanks,
Randy
9 REPLIES 9

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
mrgreetis wrote:
I carry an 'X' shaped lug wrench which has 4 different sizes. There are foldable ones available, too. .

I hate those folding ones - they fold up when trying to use them, and the short length of each leg makes it hard to get enough leverage to bust loose an over-torqued lug nut.
Bob

mrgreetis
Explorer
Explorer
I carry an 'X' shaped lug wrench which has 4 different sizes. There are foldable ones available, too. Of course, try it out before you find out on the road that it is missing the one size you need. I can also use it for my stabilizer jacks if needed.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Randy,
You're welcome and the best of luck with your new camper! We've had ours for three seasons now and love it. There's nothing fancy about it, but we love camping and it's given us absolutely no problems.
Mbopp, I never thought about the spare nut being a different size. Good thing I have a 3/4" socket in my toolbox as well!

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
Good catch on the spare mount. I will be bringing a 3/4" for the stabilizers and a 13/16" for the wheel lugs. Hopefully these two will be enough along with an electric impact. I will find out after we travel to ND from TN to see the Moms and pick it up.
John, Thank you for the quick get back.
Randy

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
WayneAt63044 wrote:
Do the lug nuts match the ones that attach the spare? Not always the same. Something to verify before you NEED to change a tire.

+1 My spare nuts were 3/4", wheel lugs were 13/16". Fortunately I found out before leaving.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Do the lug nuts match the ones that attach the spare? Not always the same. Something to verify before you NEED to change a tire.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Randy,

My lug nuts are 13/16".

John

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks jf.
Randy

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know right now, but I can check when I get home. We have the 17rd and should be the same.