cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19.5s, never saw this coming

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I got a call from a tire shop that has a mechanic that I use for my own personal truck and we buy tires for our Ambulances from. It was the Shop GM. He knew the history of my blow out and switch to 19.5s. His mechanic told him about the weight I carry and how my tires look almost new after 6 months of loaded use.

He has some commercial clients with F350 utility bed work trucks that are just chewing through tires so he picked my brain on 19.5s as he has access to them but it's not something he usually sells.

I gave him my .02 then referred him here to the TC Forum and told him to search 19.5s

he also asked why I picked Vision rims vs Alcoa ( I did mention the bad taste a certain steel rim mfg left me with)...didn't have an answer for him on Alcoa. Anyone have any input in that area I can pass on to him?
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
4 REPLIES 4

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I called Alcoa they told all their wheels were lug centric not hub centric. At that time they were not offering 19's, for me I prefer a hub centric wheel to haul weight .

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have never seen a 19.5" single wheel from Alcoa...
The only companies I know of that make a 19.5 in a single are Rickson, Vision, American Force, Hutchinson (10-bolt) and Stockton Wheel (built to order only).
Cheers
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
skipro3 wrote:
I'm not sure if Alcoa makes a 19.5 single wheel. I thought they made duals.

I just looked, I think you are correct
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure if Alcoa makes a 19.5 single wheel. I thought they made duals.