cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1972 Amerigo Camper Rebuild

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
After posting a few comments on another thread, I decided to start this one under a topic more easily recognized. I also have started a blog at: http://www.tcreviver.com. Okay, MKish, here it is. I'll post to it whenever I get a chance. -Carey
'03 Ford F-350 7.3 LB SRW. Ride Rites.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130
New rig 2017 Jayflight 31QBDS
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
394 REPLIES 394

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Bob, I'm not familiar with those panels, would they work to enclose the tanks under the rear?

Carey
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you than are redoing the sides of your snap&nap.
Lowes and home depot have 4'x8' white fiberglass paneling.(about $30)

I usde this to recover the folding side panels inside and out. No need to remove the panels. I used tub surround adhesive to glue it to the old sides. They also have a 1/4" moulding that goes around the edges. looks like factory when done.

Bob w.

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
2cknights wrote:
Tater, I'm out of town and won't be back until Sunday night. Sorry. Carey

thats ok, just when you can get to it. be safe while your gone.

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Tater, I'm out of town and won't be back until Sunday night. Sorry. Carey
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
Carey, while you have yours gutted, the next time your out there will you get a measurement for me? the header above the snap and nap, basically the back wall from outside edge to outside edge. Please if you will. Im having a bad day with mine ๐Ÿ˜ž

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job on the tanks . Any plans to enclose them for cold weather ?
Great looking camper .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer

Her are the pics of the 2 tank install.
The existing shower drain and sink drain do not have to be relocated.
The new tanks only hang down about 4 inches and as you can see in the last pic don't look bad.
Any questions let me know.

Bob W.

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
Nice, Bob!!

As soon as I saw that dead/USABLE space under the passenger side of the overhang, I said "Hmmm...could be a good place for another TANK...??"

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer

This is a layout of the 2 tank install on my 1971 Amerigo.
The stock plumbing can stay as is.
I will resend the pics so you can see them better .

Bob W.

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Dave!

YOUR resto/remodel was definitely one of the main reasons I purchased my Amerigo! The vast amount of work you did to yours (and the result) is certainly an inspiration to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

76AMERIGO
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Carey (and Bob!)for sharing the photos of the holding tanks. That gives me some ideas. I try sketching it out, but it's tough to see how the "reality" of piping and tanks fit with room to install it.
I'll have to make some time to really dig into it.
I see all the progress on yours and it is looking good....

Hi Roger, congrats on your new Amerigo! It is in great shape. I wish I had a shop like yours to put it in too....I'm jealous!
I'll be winterizing mine soon and will be adding the fouth jack. I just bought 4 new Reico's and still using the three jack setup until I move the bracket in the middle and add the fourth bracket.
Don't hesitate to give me a shout if you like.

Dave MacQuaid
Dave
2001 F-350 PSD C/C LB 4X4
1976 Amerigo w/ Snap N Nap *SOLD*
1979 CJ-7 304ci/Turbo 400
2014 Cougar Lite 28RDB

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Bob! ๐Ÿ™‚

---

Carey: That number appears to be an old registration # for the "Massachusetts Beach Buggy Association".

What type of pic would you like again? An interior front-to-rear shot of the kitchen side?

---

I whipped up a floor support the other night out of some lumber I had laying around and I have it sitting on 4 car dollies I made a while ago. I was able to move the TC where i wanted it to be with ease! ๐Ÿ™‚
I have the 3 jacks out now (no more tripping on them!) and (2) 2 x 4's under each wing instead. I also have 2 small 2 x 4's under the rear. She's quite stable now!

Warshin' the windows:

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Roger, I noticed a decal on the front and rear of your camper with the number 868 on it. Would that be a model number? That is the one thing I can't find. I have seen some listed as RB's, but I'm not sure of anything. Anyone who can help with this information may jump in anytime. Thanks. Carey
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations to you Roger, That is a nice looking Amerigo. I always wanted one when I was younger, in my 20's. Now I'm in my late 50's, so you know how long ago that was. She doesn't look like she needs much.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Whalen left a message on the blog that he would send me some pics of a two tank system he installed under his Amerigo. I promised David McQuaid I'd post them when I got them. Here they are David. Bob, many thanks from all of the Amerigo owners interested in your setup.

Below is Bob's quote from email about the setup.

The pics show the 2 new tanks installed . the black water is a17 gal and the gray water is a 23 gal.
"The new black water tank discharge does not center on the factory cutout , but I will reshape it.

The gray water discharge is just behind the bracket for the stairs.

The inlet for the gray water does go through the side of the tank so you will not get the full capacity of the tank.

I also installed a fiberglass sheet over the plywood before installing the tanks as this area is exposed to the weather when driving.

It took longer to put the toilet back in than it took to re-plumb the tanks."

Bob sent the email for the tank website, but it didn't come through. I've emailed him back for tha information. Carey
Old rig '99 Lance 1130