cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1999 fleetwood hybrid rotted floor

4forcamping
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]well been awhile since I had anything to post until I opened the trailer a few weeks ago, not good, floor is shot, I am going to try to rebuild it over the next few weeks, if anyone has any help or suggestion's or tips they would like to pass along I am all ears and eyes.
3 REPLIES 3

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
This is a repair I did years ago on my old Thor TT which I did a paste & click from another camping forum. The floor was a lauan/styrofoam/lauan sandwich type

This leak could be from condensation, Years ago I did a search on the internet when I had the same problem with mine TT and what I found was the moisture wicks up to the top of the floor and if uncorrected will rot under the linoleum.

Two things that I did was pull up my linoleum in the front 1/3 of my TT at the end of the camping season and let dry over the winter. Then I sanded the old floor in the spring, put down liquid nails and laid the new floor on top. I also put in wood screws to help secure the new floor onto the old and where my new floor was under my seating I also drilled through the floor and fastened 3/8'' x 4'' ( If I remember ) nuts and bolts around the perimeter of the floor for more extra strength.

Second thing I did was to cut out patches of the aluminium underbelly with a dremel cutting wheel and replace with bug screen. This allowed the underbelly to breath and stay relatively dry. I got this tip from a reputable RV mechanic that I know.
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Before you do any repairs you ought to locate the source of the leak and repair that first. Could be anything such as a roof leak, plumbing leak, window leak or vent leak.

Billbeat
Explorer
Explorer