cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 questions about newly purchased travel trailer

TheElectricMayh
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2011 Keystone Cougar 31SQB TT and we have it at a park near College Station, TX. Noticed that when hooking up to pressurized water (city water), there is a small leak in the hoses connecting to the back of the toilet, and also that there is a wet spot on the carpet next to the queen bed on the left side (near where the water hookup is). No other problems, but this is our first TT and our first time RVing, and looking for opinions and and advice or information that we can get. Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Movin' right along,
We've found a life on the highway.
And your way is my way,
So trust my navigation.
7 REPLIES 7

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
What Barney said, both about the nice floor plan AND shutting water off until you've fixed the leaks!
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
New campers leak. Been there/done that. Don't be discouraged, OP.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
What a shame.....Good luck;)
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm with Barney... you must find and fix those leaks...NOW. If you can't do it now, turn off all the water (and pump) and relieve the water pressure within the water system (open faucets). Fixing those leaks is critical!

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Question? Are you using a pressure regulator? Might be too much water pressure to your trailer.
Mark

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new TT. Great floor plan!

You said that your toilet hoses leak on city water, but do the also leak when you're working off your fresh water tank and pump?

And are you using a pressure regulator on the spigot? A few of the parks we've stayed at have had crazy-high water pressure.

In any case, listen to Barney about getting things dried up and fixed asap before you get any water damage.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice trailer floorplan! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

You need to fix those leaks as soon as possible and dry out the affected areas. Leaving them is a damp or wet condition will lead to mold formation and rotting floors. It does not take very long either in the warm summer conditions.

I suspect that you can fix them both yourself. Just find them and tighten up the connections. You may have to put an additional clamp on a hose or something like that to get the leak to stop. Kind of depends on what kind of clamps are used. Most new RV's use a clamp that is put on with a tool and cannot be tightened. At least that is the way it is with my trailer which is a just over 10 years old.

Whatever it takes to get the water to stop leaking you must do! You also could contact an independent RV service contractor and see it they will come out to your trailer and fix it for you. In the meantime, I would shut off the city water and try just using the water tank and pump. Also, shut off all water when you are not using the trailer.
Good luck!
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine