cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003 F250 Compass Problem

starjumper
Explorer
Explorer
My compass on my 2003 F250 quit working a couple of years ago. I notices someone else mention it also, and was just wondering if a lot of others have had this problem?
David M. Autrey
5 REPLIES 5

starjumper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies everyone! I will look into getting it repaired.
David M. Autrey

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
TUCQUALA wrote:
Is this in an overhead console with temp and fuel mileage, etc??? Commonly known as the "lie-o-meter", trip computer, or message center. If it is, and the unit is dead (no readouts) there is a lot of info aboot fixing them on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum. Small resistor chips loosen on the circuit board and need resoldering. If not into soldering, there are many places that repair them and return.

If not, just throwing this info out!!!
What he said. The flat resistors on the overhead are notorious for falling off. Replace them with normal resistors and your problem goes away forever. Or you can keep resoldering the flat ones every couple of months.

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Is this in an overhead console with temp and fuel mileage, etc??? Commonly known as the "lie-o-meter", trip computer, or message center. If it is, and the unit is dead (no readouts) there is a lot of info aboot fixing them on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum. Small resistor chips loosen on the circuit board and need resoldering. If not into soldering, there are many places that repair them and return.

If not, just throwing this info out!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
I had to drive in circles in our cul-de-sac a couple times when it went out of calibration. Never had any more probs after that.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Is the compass not working, or is it just out of calibration?

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers