cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Eagle Cap 855 in Canada

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
Hi There, Just curious if anyone has this Eagle Cap? We are looking at it tomorrow to put on a 2014 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, Long Box, SRW.
It Just Doesn't Matter Who Owns the Grass Outside our Window!
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
23 REPLIES 23

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
OP, donโ€™t get sucked down the weight cop barrage here, but do be aware that youโ€™ll need to upgrade your suspension.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimK-NY wrote:
Bert the Welder wrote:
3600-3800lbs loaded up. What's your truck rated to carry?

Not even close!!!!

The smallest EC has a dry weight of 3380. With propane and a full water tank the weight will be just shy of 3800#. That does not include options such as an A/C, awnings, generator, second battery or solar. Also add 1000# for cooking gear, bedding, towels, tools, air compressor, cleaning supplies, leveling blocks, lawn chairs, BBQ grill, food/drinks, clothing......

"Eagle Cap is reporting the estimated dry weight for the Model 855 at 2,870 pounds and the estimated wet weight at 3,275 pounds."-TCM 2008

-So like I said, given that manufacturers are stingy with their estimates, I ball-parked adding 800-1000lbs to their dry # since that seems to be the common weight added for "stuff".

So where did you get your weight number for a 2008?
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
hinterland wrote:
This is the 2008 855, maybe built 3 years from 08 to 2010. It's 9'4" and the dry weight shows 2870 lbs and wet shows 3275 lbs

My old EC Brochure does not show a 855 but does show a single slide rear wet bath 850 with an estimated wet weight of 3,155 (without options), and a 950 (long bed version of 850) at 3,320 wet...These weights are with the full fiberglass front and rear caps, and include elect. jacks but not awnings, batteries or generator...

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
The Eagle Cap 855 and the Arctic fox 865 have the same basic Floorplan and the weight won't be much different with an edge in weight to the AF 865...Nice Floorplan in my opinion that is coming back big time,in other truck campers..Wolf Creek and the Adventurer both with similar non slide Floorplans for those not wanting a slide out
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
If itโ€™s a 2008 it may have a full fiberglass front and rear caps...Make certain that the caulk has been kept up - caulk failure can lead to water intrusion that wont drain...

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
Glove box sticker in the GMC says slide in camper max 3834 lbs
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
This is the 2008 855, maybe built 3 years from 08 to 2010. It's 9'4" and the dry weight shows 2870 lbs and wet shows 3275 lbs
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bert the Welder wrote:

Not even close!!!!

The smallest EC has a dry weight of 3380. With propane and a full water tank the weight will be just shy of 3800#. That does not include options such as an A/C, awnings, generator, second battery or solar. Also add 1000# for cooking gear, bedding, towels, tools, air compressor, cleaning supplies, leveling blocks, lawn chairs, BBQ grill, food/drinks, clothing......

The smallest EC is likely to be in the 5000# range loaded for camping. When calculating gross weight don't forget to add the weight of passengers, stuff you might carry in the truck, tiedowns, fastguns, bed mat.....

You need a dually!!

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.