cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 - 2014 6.7 Powerstroke PCM update. Did You?

Justaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Have you done the update and, if so, are you satisfied? Heard both opinions. Some say if your truck runs well without not to get the update as the update has caused some mileage and drivability issues. Some say that the update worked well.
21 REPLIES 21

skyhammer
Explorer
Explorer
I had it done, noticed no difference in anything.
Now I have to hold on to the emissions card the dealer gave me and send it in when the registration is due or it will not be renewed.
2011 Host Everest, 11.5',triple slide.
2011 F-350,DRW,CC,LWB,4X4,6.7

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
I had the update done in Feb with zero change in driveability or mileage.
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had no choice, if you read the letter it states as being mandatory in Cali and MA....so being a ma resident im left with no choice.

The update I got was in reference to emissions
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

JackDN0610
Explorer
Explorer
Had my 2011 done and the mileage seems to have dropped off.
Jack and Jo
2014 Cardinal 3450RL 4 Slides
2011 Ford F350 SD DRW

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just got it a few days ago. Didn't notice any problem before or after.
Larry

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
If this is the update concerning the problematic exhaust temp high sensors, then I would recommend you get it. The problem is that if one of the sensors fails and registers extreme high temp, it will give you a "stop safely now" message and quickly shut down the engine with little advance warning. Then it cannot be restarted for at least 30 minutes, with no guarantee you can drive it very far without it happening again. That happened to me (2012 F350 6.7). Had to have it towed to dealer for warranty sensor replacement. Fortunately it did not happen in the middle of a highway or intersection.

I have experienced no noticable difference in performance since the update about 6 weeks or so ago. And that includes towing the 5er.

stevewise
Explorer
Explorer
What is the update?
'15 Sierra 377FLIK
'14 Ford F350 SRW King Ranch
DW and Cricket the Chihuahua