cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 Toyota Tundra, 4.6 liter, 410 gears

pdsco1
Explorer
Explorer
Will a 2011 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab, 4.6 liter, with 410 gears be enough to tow a Keystone Bullet travel trailer that weighs dry at 5,200 pounds? I'm being told that it will pull around 8,000 pounds, but I want to mark sure that it's enough before I get it. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming Toyota didn't change their tow ratings much from 2011-13 then with the Crew Max it's 8100-4x2, 7700-4x4. Both with the tow package.

Payload ranges from 1330-1365 4x2, to 1250-1285 4x4.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you need to be more concerned with the Tundra's payload capacity first. Driver, passengers, tools, equipment, ect.....plus the tongue weight of the trailer (approx 13% of the trailers "actual" weight) will probably max out the payload long before you max out the towing capacity.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
What is the tow rating in the owner's manual? (note any options that may decrease rating)
What is the trailer GVWR?
How much do you expect to have in the bed of the Tundra?

ByTheRvr
Explorer
Explorer
pdsco1 wrote:
Will a 2011 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab, 4.6 liter, with 410 gears be enough to tow a Keystone Bullet travel trailer that weighs dry at 5,200 pounds? I'm being told that it will pull around 8,000 pounds, but I want to mark sure that it's enough before I get it. Thanks.

Does your Tundra have the towing package? The specs I've seen indicate the towing capacity to be 6,700 lbs without the package and 8,200 lbs with the towing package; start there. Good luck.