cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2012 ram 1500 w/airlift bags??/

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
had airlift bags installed on my above veh along with the wireless compressor mod.72000.. does anyone have these bags and compressor and experience that the comp. kicks on quite a bit while driving and stopping? had mine done in dec and pump would come on for a second or 2 every 5 to 10 mins. reported it to airlift and they sent a new kit out and had it installed. seems better but pump still comes on... does this happen to anyone else that has this set up??? is it normal operation???
thanks for any input.
6 REPLIES 6

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Not normal. I have the automatic system and it never has to come on to maintain pressure (talk about simple, I haven't touched it in years).
You have a leak someplace.

You should be able to see the leak by spraying Windex on it. I would then eject the connection and cut the line square and sharp with a fresh razor blade. Then reinstall.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you have a single or double channel? With my double channel setup if something made the truck lean it would let air out of one side and put air in the other to keep the pressure constant. Anything that changes the weight on the rear end resulted in a pressure adjustment, quite often the opposite of what I really wanted. Putting a load on the back compresses the air bags, raising the pressure, and the system releases air to maintain the set pressure when I really need air added to get back to the desired height. I am not saying that this is the problem. It does sound like you have a leak but these are things to consider as well.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ain't got one and this reinforces the reason that I do not want one . I believe in the KISS system . Manual always works .
If you ain't got it then you do not have to pay some one to get it fixed !
This is not what you wanted to hear !

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Not normal. You have an air leak.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
eHoefler wrote:
You have a leak somewhere

X2
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have a leak somewhere
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore