cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Ford Expedition - Rear Spring help?

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't towed yet.. but i'm assuming i'll have a little bit of droop in the rear once i hook up.

I can't find any helping products out there - Air Lift, helper springs, etc. Curious if any of you have seen anything?

I've emailed AirLift to get their input and to see if any of the F150 products might work. Will report back..
2015 Shadow Cruiser 280QBS | 2015 Ford Expedition XLT HD Tow
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH
30 REPLIES 30

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Rustycamperpants,

2014 Expedition

Look at pages 232 and 233 for some towing instructions with auto leveling. I'm still trying to find specifics on the system.

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
DatacomGuy wrote:
wcjeep wrote:
The 2015 is not listed yet per the website. Recommend contacting Torklift for the StableLoad.

This is just for leafs isn't it? I don't see anything on their site for coils?

I had no clue you had rear coils. Yes, the link is for leaf sprung vehicle's.

Rustycamperpant
Explorer
Explorer
I would have though autoleveling would be mentioned on the window sticker. Oh well, a WDH will be needed IMO. Good luck with your tow, I would like to read later how it went!
2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
I have the paper sticker- the leveling feature is included in the HD towing pkg. The other options I have are listed as:

Trailer brake controller
Trailer sway control

Rustycamperpant
Explorer
Explorer
Check your window sticker to see all the options. You can use this URL to find you sticker. Just add your VIN after the = sign. http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=
I have an 09 Expedition without auto leveling and an equalizer hitch and I have no issues. Air bags just mask a problem and do not do anything for wieght distribution. IMO
2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I guess ill find up when i hook up. Going to try to get situated this upcoming weekend.
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
It is part of the computer program and adjusts automatically when it senses a hitch load. Look in the towing section of your manual- there will be mention of it there.

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Puttin wrote:
The owner's manual talks about it but it isn't mentioned on the sticker. The only thing is- it comes with the HD towing package only and for 2014 it is a mechanical system vs air in past years. Max load is 920# (WD) and 600# weight bearing). Leveling works with both applications.

Hmm, now you have me really curious. Do you have to select anything or turn anything on? How do you engage yours on your 2014?
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
The owner's manual talks about it but it isn't mentioned on the sticker. The only thing is- it comes with the HD towing package only and for 2014 it is a mechanical system vs air in past years. Max load is 920# (WD) and 600# weight bearing). Leveling works with both applications.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puttin wrote:
DatacomGuy,

My 2014 has trailer control and auto leveling from the factory. I tow a 6,000 lb boat on a dead weight hitch and it's perfectly level. I wonder why these features didn't carry over to 2015?

Remember a boat trailer does not have near as much tongue weight as a TT.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I have trailer control, but i don't think i have auto leveling? Is it on the window sticker?

I know its available for a 2015 - just not sure i have it. I don't see any options in the menus on the screen..
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
DatacomGuy,

My 2014 has trailer control and auto leveling from the factory. I tow a 6,000 lb boat on a dead weight hitch and it's perfectly level. I wonder why these features didn't carry over to 2015?

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
wcjeep wrote:
The 2015 is not listed yet per the website. Recommend contacting Torklift for the StableLoad.

This is just for leafs isn't it? I don't see anything on their site for coils?
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
DatacomGuy wrote:
Haven't towed yet.. but i'm assuming i'll have a little bit of droop in the rear once i hook up.

I can't find any helping products out there - Air Lift, helper springs, etc. Curious if any of you have seen anything?

I've emailed AirLift to get their input and to see if any of the F150 products might work. Will report back..

Little to no information to go on. However. IF you use a WDH the rear drop would be nominal, and IF your trailer is more than 5000lb, and has more than 500lb of tongue weight. And it apperars the TT in your sig will weigh more. You will have to use a WDH anyway. so air bags will not be needed.

Properly setup. the WDH will return the lost weight, and control to the front axle, and "lift" the rear. Air bags will not return any lost weight to the front axle, and no steering control either.

You make good points. I have the equalizer.. but still had a lot of drag in my Ram, with the soft coils in the back. I have a feeling the Expy would be the same way.

I may need to find someone to help me reconfig my WDH anyway. I really struggled with the original setup the first time around. Never could get it right and ended up having a local RV shop fix it for the low price of $140. Grr.
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer

Stableload