Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 half ton IIHS crash testing small overlap

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
article and video

Surprising difference across the different brands (and cab choice). Interesting material if you are in the market and safety is high on your list.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK
46 REPLIES 46

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Dude you might want to get you meds adjusted.

GM/Chevy received the same ratings as the Ram and until this small offset test came out Ford, GM/Chevy and Ram were all rated the same!
Here is your link look them up for yourself! Then you can go back under that bridge you live under!

That 2011 F-150 is no safer than my 2015 Ram! that must really give you a butt hurt. BTW the US Taxpayer NEVER Bailed out Chrysler crack baby. Chrysler borrowed the money from the employee pension found along with a wage freeze from the workers. The only thing the Government did was back those loans.

As for the GM Chrysler "bailout in 1999, the taxpayers made money off the interest from the loans GM and Fiat and FORD received! With FCA being the only to date to fully pay those loans back.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:
patriotgrunt wrote:
FCA's financial issues does not mean their product is junk. Plenty of companies make a great product but operate on thin margins. Ford is currently pushing fleet sales because private sales dropped last month and their inventory is extremely high. If the market goes through another serious recession, all three automakers may be in serious financial risk considering how hard they're pushing SUVs and trucks right now.

Chrysler's products have always been junk. It's what made us bail them out TWICE. Find me one dependability survey that places them anywhere near the bottom. And with this ABYSMAL crash test (even the previous gen Fords and GM's didn't do that bad) and anyone that clues their family's safety would be best to steer well clear.

Ford is speculated to be doing fleet sales - based on 1 WSJ article that has no sources to back up it's claims. And I wonder where those "fleet sales" are - they sure are not renting tons of F150's and Transits at Hertz. GM did it too as did Chrysler.

Funny that Chrysler is the only one dropping their cars and focusing on Trucks and SUV's. GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, etc are still building and investing in cars. Only Chrysler is dropping models.

How old are you? You may be an adult but you're acting like a child. Its obvious that arguing with you isn't going anywhere but ask yourself why the RAM crowd is so passionate about their trucks? They typically continue to buy that brand over and over. Do you think they'd do that if their truck was junk? All three brands make good trucks and just accept that. No one brand is perfect and Ford/GM have plenty of skeletons in their closet. Appreciate the competition that RAM brings and recognize that its good for customers and the market. Also appreciate that every person doesn't share your opinion and just enjoy the truck you have. Have a good night and might I suggest you work the comments section on pickuptrucks.com. They share your love of trolling!
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
patriotgrunt wrote:
FCA's financial issues does not mean their product is junk. Plenty of companies make a great product but operate on thin margins. Ford is currently pushing fleet sales because private sales dropped last month and their inventory is extremely high. If the market goes through another serious recession, all three automakers may be in serious financial risk considering how hard they're pushing SUVs and trucks right now.

Chrysler's products have always been junk. It's what made us bail them out TWICE. Find me one dependability survey that places them anywhere near the bottom. And with this ABYSMAL crash test (even the previous gen Fords and GM's didn't do that bad) and anyone that clues their family's safety would be best to steer well clear.

Ford is speculated to be doing fleet sales - based on 1 WSJ article that has no sources to back up it's claims. And I wonder where those "fleet sales" are - they sure are not renting tons of F150's and Transits at Hertz. GM did it too as did Chrysler.

Funny that Chrysler is the only one dropping their cars and focusing on Trucks and SUV's. GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, etc are still building and investing in cars. Only Chrysler is dropping models.

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
itguy08 wrote:
I'll bet the 2018 Ram will be junk just like the current versions. FCA has basically no capital left and needs someone to merge with. And they have never been stellar in safety or reliability so not much will change there either.

Ram = junk as always.

What truck do you own? My guess is you own a Subaru.

2011 F150 Ecoboost with Max Tow. Thanks for playing.

Ram is junk - lowest reliability of all manufacturers, lowest payload in 1/2 ton space, and I could go on and on. Sorry if that offends but a Ford, GM, Toyota, or Nissan would be a better choice over a Ram.

Ford or GM would be a 10000x better choice if you care about you or your family's safety.

If you're looking to bash other brands take this to another website. We're not interested in starting pissing contests over the internet. Every brand has had their issues in the past so don't start throwing rocks when you live in a glass house.

2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:

77 pages of Recreational reading concerning the 'no capital' comment...

FCA's Financial Woes

If they had capital they wouldn't be jettisoning the 200 and Dart. They wouldn't have cancelled most new product development. They wouldn't have been desperately seeking someone to merge with (read 3rd bailout). They wouldn't have the industry's lowest margins with the industry's highest incentives.

Sergio found out the only thing good about Chrapsler is Ram and Jeep. And Ram is a has been with good ads. Their product sure doesn't stack up to the competition. Jeep is subpar but resting on their reputation.

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
itguy08 wrote:
I'll bet the 2018 Ram will be junk just like the current versions. FCA has basically no capital left and needs someone to merge with. And they have never been stellar in safety or reliability so not much will change there either.

Ram = junk as always.

2011 F150 Ecoboost with Max Tow. Thanks for playing.

Ram is junk - lowest reliability of all manufacturers, lowest payload in 1/2 ton space, and I could go on and on. Sorry if that offends but a Ford, GM, Toyota, or Nissan would be a better choice over a Ram.

Ford or GM would be a 10000x better choice if you care about you or your family's safety.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:

Ram = junk as always.

I know we all banter back and forth about brands and it is, by most, all in fun with a few jabs occasionally but I completely disagree with that sentiment. They are not junk. All three of the big guys make great trucks.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

dshelley
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
itguy08 wrote:

Ram = junk as always.

Based on his comments, he probably owns a 20 inch bicycle.
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5'7"box. 395 HP 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 gear, 8 speed auto. 26 foot Heartland North Trail Caliber travel trailer.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:

Ram = junk as always.

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
patriotgrunt wrote:
itguy08 wrote:

Ram = junk as always.

As a Ford guy I'll be the first to say Ram isn't junk. They make very capable trucks. The requirements for this test were introduced after the current Ram was designed. They'll incorporate the necessary changes for the next redesign because Ram makes a ton of money for FCA.

:B
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
patriotgrunt wrote:
itguy08 wrote:

Ram = junk as always.

As a Ford guy I'll be the first to say Ram isn't junk. They make very capable trucks. The requirements for this test were introduced after the current Ram was designed. They'll incorporate the necessary changes for the next redesign because Ram makes a ton of money for FCA.

TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:

Ram = junk as always.

2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:

Ram = junk as always.

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, right after Perrysburg Dodgeboy made his nicest post ever, you had to bash RAM big time. You should feel bad. :S
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ I think one of Fish's minions has escaped again!
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel