Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 F450 shooting flames :0

ib516
Explorer II
Explorer II
Story as posted on Social Media:
My brand new 2017 F450 King Ranch!! (On fire) Didn't even own it for 10 hours and Ford Canada said its not there problem!!!

Video:
LINK & LINK 2

Not sure on the background or what the issue is, but clearly there's a problem!!!
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV
45 REPLIES 45

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't anything new, the 6.4 did this also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEYVjXh1RPM
http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/news/08sdrecall/08sdrecall.html

"Ford safety spokesman Dan Jarvis told PickupTruck.com today that, "The video is definitely one of the three trucks we described last week (see below, in the original story). It was sent to us by one of our dealers in Canada, where two of the trucks in the recall were located, and it illustrates why we took action so quickly. We wanted to alleviate any potential safety concerns about this issue right away."

They must not feel that way any more?

NOTE, I posted this before I found out that Ford or the dealer did in deed step up and bought the truck back. Funny though Bird Freak thinks just because someone posted this that doesn't own a Ford, they must be bashing! :R
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
Typical FCA fanboy trolling

If you're referring to me you completely missed the intention of my post. I was simply asking the question as to why not replace those systems and carry on with the truck. Seems quite simple to me.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Typical FCA fanboy trolling
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Why not just replace the entire exhaust and DEF system and carry on? :h

I think I would have put my efforts into getting the he!! away from it rather than shooting photos and video, though!:B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
I'm just wondering why they had time to take pics rather than disconnect the trailer??

Not the sharpest knives in the drawer... Also wonder whey they continued to drive it rather than shut it down immediately. Lucky they didn't burn the whole rig to the ground!

Fortunately the dealer ended up buying it back, although I imagine they can sell it as a used truck after they replace the entire exhaust and DPF system.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
boshog wrote:
It is obvious fuel is getting into the exhaust system but where is the fuel coming from? The engine sounds normal so not likely a stuck injector, I'm thinking someone put diesel in the DEF tank, is this a possibility?

Congratulations on the correct answer.:)

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Greene728 wrote:
Where is fishonone?
I'm sure he will come to the rescue with a logical explanation/excuse soon!

LOL... Another troll boy. :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:
WOW.. Dang, that's crazy

I don't see anywhere on the letter where it says that Ford Canada says it's not their problem. Only that they don't have a vehicle return policy. Policy is to repair under the terms of the factory warranty.

Not sure why whoever is having the problem couldn't understand that.. that's normal. But, okay.

That is crazy though.

Mike
I agree. Only reason its posted here like it is is to try to stir the pot from a anti- Ford person. Hope no one else takes the bait! Maybe its time for some of these guys that like to stir the Mine is better than yours pot, to grow up.:B
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
spoon059 wrote:
Greene728 wrote:
Where is fishonone?

No need to start picking a fight here... Obviously there was a mechanical issue with this particular truck and the dealer appears to have stepped up to the plate for the owner. Things happen. Ford sells 50K+ F-series trucks per month... inevitably you will stumble upon some problems.

Looks pretty darn cool though!

What??
Next will have dogs n cats living together in harmony!
$20 says the fish woulda been on this one if it was a goat with an orange tail pipe!

I'm just wondering why they had time to take pics rather than disconnect the trailer??
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
prm99v6 wrote:

It is my understanding (again from her Facebook page) that she got rid of the Ford and got a Ram 3500 megacab.

Sounds like she upgraded for sure 😉
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer

It is my understanding (again from her Facebook page) that she got rid of the Ford and got a Ram 3500 megacab. I don't know if the Ram and Ford dealers share the same owner or not.
According to the news article update, Ford did give her a refund. So she was free to shop for a new vehicle where ever she wanted, no matter the owner or location.

prm99v6
Explorer
Explorer
After skimming through the thousands of posts on various sites yesterday (including the women's own Facebook page) it appears as if the dealer put diesel in the DEF tank when they filled it up prior to delivery. The fact that FORD Canada told her to go through her dealer is correct.

I had a brand new Hyudnai where the crank pulley fell off after 300 miles. I tried the same thing (going to manufacturer) and was told to go through the dealer. Ultimately my dealer stepped up and simply voided the sale and gave me a new one.

It is my understanding (again from her Facebook page) that she got rid of the Ford and got a Ram 3500 megacab. I don't know if the Ram and Ford dealers share the same owner or not.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Greene728 wrote:
Where is fishonone?

No need to start picking a fight here... Obviously there was a mechanical issue with this particular truck and the dealer appears to have stepped up to the plate for the owner. Things happen. Ford sells 50K+ F-series trucks per month... inevitably you will stumble upon some problems.

Looks pretty darn cool though!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
My 2008 F450 work truck with the 6.4 would throw an occasional flame out the exaust if I have it a lot of throttle before the motor was warmed up
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
There is speculation that the owner pumped diesel fuel into the DEF tank which then of course injected diesel into the exhaust.