cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Ford Superduty Beds

bjohns
Explorer
Explorer
Any reports on any bed issues from anyone with the 2017 Ford Superduty? We're wondering how the aluminum beds on these trucks hold up to loading and unloading truck campers.
20 REPLIES 20

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Mine bed is still pristine after 7000 miles on the truck, 1500 with camper.
The sides are tall and I had to add plywood to clear the cabin.
I was skeptic about strength of tailgate, but when I was loading roof tiles, I had about 500 lb on tailgate with no problem.

I was told it was 3" higher is that true? or is the whole truck 3" taller?
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4

2000 Lance 1010

bzgenius
Explorer
Explorer
I have about 5500 camper miles on mine with no problems and 13000 total miles.

WyoBull
Explorer
Explorer
No issues at all with mine thus far and would not expect any.
2017 Ford F350 XLT Premium CCSB 4x4 6.2 gas 3.73 rear end, 4226 lbs payload
2017 Northern Lite QC 8.11 SE
Torklift tie downs, Torklift Fast Guns, Torklift Upper Stableloads, Airlift 5000 Ultimate air bags, Airlift WirelessAIR onboard compressor system

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's a video on the Chevy commercial where the maker of the video explains why he feels the commercial was deceptive.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine bed is still pristine after 7000 miles on the truck, 1500 with camper.
The sides are tall and I had to add plywood to clear the cabin.
I was skeptic about strength of tailgate, but when I was loading roof tiles, I had about 500 lb on tailgate with no problem.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
While I don't have any direct experience, thinking logically and critically about this, I would have to conclude that the beds will hold up just fine, and here's why:

Any rough handling of the camper that would damage the bed, would also damage the camper. Since you don't want to damage the camper, odds are you will be careful to the point where you won't damage the bed.

The Chevy anti-aluminum advertisements show loaded metal tool boxes being dropped on their corners, or large chunks of crushed stone being dumped by a loader from several feet. You won't be doing either of those things with your camper, so I would not have a moment's worry about the aluminum beds.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.