cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Chevy Silverado Trailboss

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Every time I look at this front end I just shake my head (Same goes for the 2019 Camaro SS) in disgust.

Chevy... Silverado front end, Camaro front end, Blazer... Really!

Anyways enjoy...

Link

BTW... I love the Ford Raptor setting in the background waiting to suck up a Chevy that leaves the course. :B
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
41 REPLIES 41

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Um, yeah the square wheel wells have been a staple of GM trucks since the '73 models and still appear to be, except They're rounded on the top now. Will have to see in person if there's more "room" compared to past models.

Heeeyyyy GD

I seen the first new model Ram on the road this week.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ralph Cramden wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I don't care for the new Chevrolet looks but you know what they say about opinions. At least there got rid of those square fenders around the wheels.

Well you said it about opinions, but the squareish wheel openings will be back...it's been a GM on again, off again design element since the early 70's. Having owned about 10 GM trucks, 4 Fords, and even a Dodge, most owners don't give a rat turds worth of thought to shape of the wheel openings. In fact I personally never gave it a thought until the advent of the forum and the idiotic back and forth brand bashing threads, which is why I typically avoid them. This thread started as one of those threads as it was created with that intent by RVnets in house resident basher, Mr Onefordfish or whatever in the hell his name is. They are however good reading just for laughs, only to see how childish grown me can be.

LOL... This coming from a once Chevy owner a '87 and a '92 truck with the '87 being the last good looking Chevy truck IMO (Two tone Gray and Black with red pin stripe) and with a TBI 350 it ran like a scalded dog for back in the day.

Sincerely,
OneFordFish :W

LOL.....hey Onefordfish, I can sling some shade with the best of em if required, spent 30 years sitting in assorted watering holes to learn the specifics.

I can tell... :B

BTW...My parents have a 2016 Silverado Duramax that they use to pull their camper. It's a nice truck but that DEF tank location is %*@#$$.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Um, yeah the square wheel wells have been a staple of GM trucks since the '73 models and still appear to be, except They're rounded on the top now. Will have to see in person if there's more "room" compared to past models.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I don't care for the new Chevrolet looks but you know what they say about opinions. At least there got rid of those square fenders around the wheels.

Well you said it about opinions, but the squareish wheel openings will be back...it's been a GM on again, off again design element since the early 70's. Having owned about 10 GM trucks, 4 Fords, and even a Dodge, most owners don't give a rat turds worth of thought to shape of the wheel openings. In fact I personally never gave it a thought until the advent of the forum and the idiotic back and forth brand bashing threads, which is why I typically avoid them. This thread started as one of those threads as it was created with that intent by RVnets in house resident basher, Mr Onefordfish or whatever in the hell his name is. They are however good reading just for laughs, only to see how childish grown me can be.

LOL... This coming from a once Chevy owner a '87 and a '92 truck with the '87 being the last good looking Chevy truck IMO (Two tone Gray and Black with red pin stripe) and with a TBI 350 it ran like a scalded dog for back in the day.

Sincerely,

LOL.....hey Onefordfish, I can sling some shade with the best of em if required, spent 30 years sitting in assorted watering holes to learn the specifics.

This thread made me look at my 15 GMC wheel openings. Theyre closer in size and shape to an 80's model than I realized. **** I like this truck and the looks of it.

That being said I have been secretly looking at F350 SRW Lariats lately, but these numbskull local dealers dont order them in with 8' beds with CCs unless they're XLs or XLTs. I am multivehicinomational.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ralph Cramden wrote:
colliehauler wrote:

Sincerely,

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's some more intel on the new Silverado...

Link

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
WTP-GC wrote:
There are people on here that might be more offended if you told them they had an ugly truck than they would be if you told them they had an ugly wife.

Isn't that the truth! It's amazing to me how wound up people get about a make/model of truck.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
I love the style of that front end.it has its own unique look and when these and the sierras start hitting the streets I think many will love them!

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bionic Man wrote:

If it was wearing a blue oval, it would certainly be “a jewel”........

And thats the way it is!

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Every time I look at this front end I just shake my head (Same goes for the 2019 Camaro SS) in disgust.

Chevy... Silverado front end, Camaro front end, Blazer... Really!

Anyways enjoy...

Link

BTW... I love the Ford Raptor setting in the background waiting to suck up a Chevy that leaves the course. :B

LOL, I would of expected nothing different as far as this post goes.

Looks **** good to me, still retains the Chevy look.

Beats the others by a mile as far as front end looks go IMO.

At least its not a rolling billboard for the manufacturer although I can appreciate the draw for Fanboys.

Although I see Chevy will be pulling a page from the Super Duty / Ford playbook for the 2019 HD.

Or a Catfish

good lord, that chevy fell from the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down.

Honestly, I only hate the gills or whatever those weird vents are on the side of the front. Makes as much since as adding air foils to the dashboard. Wait, they didn't did they?

And to think, the previous generation is genuinely a good looking vehicle
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
kw/00 wrote:
I like it, but looking at the HD model, are the lights flip flopped verse the 1/2 ton? It looks like the headlights are on the bottom verse the top as the 1/2 ton has.... regardless I like the new look and want to see the GMC version....

Yes it appears the HD trucks will have the headlights on the bottom. I'm looking forwarding to seeing them as well. It appears GM will move the DEF tank fill port from under the hood and retains the torsion bar front suspension.

As for the GMC .5 ton I'm not a fan of the front end either nor the two stage tail gate.

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
I like it, but looking at the HD model, are the lights flip flopped verse the 1/2 ton? It looks like the headlights are on the bottom verse the top as the 1/2 ton has.... regardless I like the new look and want to see the GMC version....
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Just The Troller at work again. Hard to expect anything less.

If it was wearing a blue oval, it would certainly be “a jewel”........
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010