cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Host Cascade

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Let the build begin! Just finalized the price and build sheet, should receive it by the end of April, first of May.

As some of you know I have bounced around a few TC's and a couple of TT's the last 10 years, DONE! This is a 10 year rig minimum. Ton of money for a blue collar working stiff, but this is our entertainment and will get used 12 months out of the year. We love traveling around on our weekends and on our vacations and think this is the perfect size and fit for us. Ultimately we couldn't get comfortable in a dinette and I HATED towing around a TT, HATED it!!

I upgraded my SRW to a DRW last year so i'm pretty confident it should haul it safe and comfortable. Here's our build sheet-

6' couch with high low table-Ultra
Single recliner-Ultra
32" Main TV
AM/FM/CD/DVD 4 speakers
Microwave
3 Burner Range/Oven
According privacy bedroom door
120v Fireplace
Upgraded Heke escape hatch
9k AC (for use with 2k geni)
DSI gas/electric water
160 watt solar w/monitor
Dual 6-volts
Swing out brackets
Power passenger side awning
Storage bay slide out tray
Custom retrofit generator compartment to fit 2k geni

I'll post a bunch of pics when i get it. Here's a video of our layout with the couch and 1 chair.

Host Cascade

Host Link
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73
94 REPLIES 94

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice man!!! They are not cheap as we looked at them when they came out, too rich for me at this point but maybe someday for retirement! I’m jealous!!!
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

Qwkdraw21
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice Area13! one question is it a 2018 or 2019? We ordered one from Tom's
Camperland in AZ due in February but its an 2018, just curious as to the cutoff date from an 18 to a 19. Ordered with the 2 chairs that fully recline. It's a well thought out innovative design. Having someplace to relax without sitting at the dinette sold us on the Cascade ( not to mention the fireplace!). The anticipation is part of the journey 🙂
hope you enjoy it..
2018 Host Cascade
2017 Ford F350 DRW Lariat 4x4
2008 Ranger Z21
2008 Express H18

yblaw
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
I don't see how you can be happy having no cloths storage in main living area?

Mike/Kellie wrote:
Very good point. I leave my socks and underwear in the food pantry and bring the pancake batter and ground coffee to bed. Sigh.....

Mike, you are the master of diplomacy.....

Area 13, Great choice! One of the reasons Host is successful is because they understand their market: different strokes for different folks=happy campers. Now, about that ignorant 2-handle shower faucet....

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the camper order! Don't forget to join the Host Owners/Interest FB page... that's of course if you are not already there 🙂

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Reality Check wrote:
jimh425 wrote:
I think a poster might not have any clothes ... just saying. 😄 Seriously though, there must be some reason why there is more than one design/layout out there other than people are clueless. Could it be we all don't like the same thing? 😉

When ignorance is over shadowed by arrogance, the needs or desires of others is not seen.

And there is some fine advice that didn't cost a nickel. Congrats on a fine choice Area13. May you find many comfy camping/traveling trips with a fine setup.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
jimh425 wrote:
I think a poster might not have any clothes ... just saying. 😄 Seriously though, there must be some reason why there is more than one design/layout out there other than people are clueless. Could it be we all don't like the same thing? 😉

When ignorance is over shadowed by arrogance, the needs or desires of others is not seen.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
mike/kellie wrote:

Very good point. I leave my socks and underwear in the food pantry and bring the pancake batter and ground coffee to bed. Sigh.....

You are talking about clothes.. the adviser was asking about cloths. I keep my cloths on a shelf under my sinks.:B
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II

2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Can the recliner be tilted back? Doesn't look to me like it does? If so how much?
Sorry Area13 how the thread is turning around, but it is common on this forum that pointing the facts will trigger avalanche of bashing from forum trolls.
That stops people having something constructive to say from posting.
Don't know if you already made full commitment on the camper, but I don't see how you can be happy having no cloths storage in main living area?
Those things can be still customized before taking delivery, can't they?

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome TC. CONGRATS on ordering just what you want. Your going to love the hi low table. The recliner looks very comfortable.

Disregard the **** comments, they are just jealous they didn't order it. Post a ton of pics when it comes in.
Enjoy it and may the time pass quickly until it gets here.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Beautiful camper. Feel free to join us over at the Host Owners FB group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/350835452030178/?ref=group_cover
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Thats a beautiful camper, I really like the layout!
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all the well wishers. This is a huge investment that the Wife and I feel pretty good about. We’re empty nesters in our late 40’s and figure this will get us to retirement and then go from there. We figure this is our little cabin we can travel around the US and Canada in.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

GpnAZ
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at one of these at Tom's Camperland in Mesa, we really liked the layout, it had the two recliners with the L-shaped dinette and the bedroom area was actually pretty easy to get in and out of! We like how you don't have to do the shuffle when getting dressed or cooking, plus the dry bath. The Host campers seem to tick most of our boxes also, but we are pretty happy with our AF811 for now! Now it's the waiting game with all the anticipation, good luck and enjoy!
2018' RAM 3500 Laramie CC, DRW, 4X4, Cummins w/ Aisin transmission
2019' Host Mammoth, 480 watts of solar
2017' Jeep JKU Rubicon
2011' Airstream Avenue
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross