cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2020 Eco Diesel

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting interview on power, emissions compliance and the Italian engineer dodged the big question on how long will the Eco Diesel last (Thanks to Mr. Truck).

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
18 REPLIES 18

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

The GM engineer for the 3.0 Duramax reported the new diesel had a design life span of 150k miles.

Ford made a lot of diesels that would not go that far!

Which Ford made diesels?

The one you love! Do we have to add trucks to Ford for you to understand?

Maybe so... I still don't understand your point.
As long as we are being silly what dodge diesel was made by dodge? chevman

Actually we know he's just Trolling Again. He can't help it.

Says the pot to the kettle. ๐Ÿ™‚

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry barnhart wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

The GM engineer for the 3.0 Duramax reported the new diesel had a design life span of 150k miles.

Which Ford made diesels?

Actually we know he's just Trolling Again. He can't help it.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
VernDiesel wrote:
Itโ€™s at least 90 percent will last to 150k without major repairs. Most light duty stuff is built to exceed this criteria. I transport TTs from Mfgrs to dealerships commercially with my ED. At 371,000 mine after having been low on coolant a couple times until I got the leak resolved pushed a head gasket. I swapped in a new motor which now has 207,000 on it. The 150k thing seems to have a lot of people confused right now.

371,000 miles for severe duty is really good.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Which Ford made diesels?

chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Which Ford made diesels?

I still don't understand your point.

VernDiesel
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s at least 90 percent will last to 150k without major repairs. Most light duty stuff is built to exceed this criteria. I transport TTs from Mfgrs to dealerships commercially with my ED. At 371,000 mine after having been low on coolant a couple times until I got the leak resolved pushed a head gasket. I swapped in a new motor which now has 207,000 on it. The 150k thing seems to have a lot of people confused right now.
Transportr TT & boats RAM EconoDiesel Factory TBC, Tow mirrors, Hitch camera, Axle to frame air bags, Tune w turbo brake, Max tow 9,200 CGAR 7,800 CVWR 15,950 axle weights 3,340 steer 2,260 drive Truck pushed head gasket at 371k has original trans at 500k

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Which Ford made diesels?

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
kw/00 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
p220sigman wrote:
Do any of the manufacturers give a definitive answer on how long their vehicle will last? I only ask because I've never heard one say it will last for 250K miles or 200K, etc. My answer to quality and longevity claims by manufacturers is that if they have so much confidence, why are the basic warranties still 3 year/36K miles for the majority of makes. Also, I don't know of any that have a power train warranty over 100K miles. If they have that level of confidence, let them put their money on the line. Until then, there isn't any difference between them in my eyes. Of course I'm not remotely brand loyal so there is that.

I saw that but, on another video on YouTube, he stated that the belt was only good for 150k and is then changed out by removing the transmission and unbolting a cover. So I think the engine will def go longer then that. Only time will tell.

I agree... I think this engineer answered the question incorrectly when he said the oil pump belt would last the life of the engine.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not everyone trades vehicles at 100k. My EB currently has 170,000 miles and we are leaving for a 6000 mile trip through the Rockies with my TT in Sept. I am not worried about the TV at all. It is running good, uses no oil, has all the power I need. No worries.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
p220sigman wrote:
Do any of the manufacturers give a definitive answer on how long their vehicle will last? I only ask because I've never heard one say it will last for 250K miles or 200K, etc. My answer to quality and longevity claims by manufacturers is that if they have so much confidence, why are the basic warranties still 3 year/36K miles for the majority of makes. Also, I don't know of any that have a power train warranty over 100K miles. If they have that level of confidence, let them put their money on the line. Until then, there isn't any difference between them in my eyes. Of course I'm not remotely brand loyal so there is that.

I saw that but, on another video on YouTube, he stated that the belt was only good for 150k and is then changed out by removing the transmission and unbolting a cover. So I think the engine will def go longer then that. Only time will tell.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Which Ford made diesels?

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
p220sigman wrote:

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:

If it goes 36K, it will probably go 136K.

I have a good friend who runs coast to coast for Fed-Ex. Turns 100K in 2.5 years on a truck.

I have no doubt that most makes these days are good to go for 200K+. Van before last was traded at 254K miles. No major repairs or costs other than maintenance. Most recent was traded with 192K. AC was going out, but other than that, also no major repairs or costs other than maintenance. Just in my opinion, a manufacturer saying something they make will last if they don't stand behind that statement.

I'm just always amused by all of the brand wars on here, because with the modern vehicles, none of them are better or worse than other. There may be features and such that are different, but that is personal preferences, not better or worse. I've always been a buy what works best for you kind of person.

When I car shop, I always tell the dealer I'm looking at a vehicle that is a direct competitor of theirs just to see what they say. The one's that instantly start telling me how bad the other brand is loses me. Kind of like deciding who to vote for in an election, don't tell me why the other guy stinks, tell me what you have to offer and why it is better.