cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2020 new truck sales

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
No surprises, I guess, but just FYI...............

Clicky
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)
29 REPLIES 29

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Well I just did my part to help Ram today.
Pick up my 2020 3500 dually on Monday.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
kellem wrote:
My close friend manages a fairly large Ford dealership and claims that Superduty sales are up 15% and that the Kentucky plant is working 3 shifts trying to keep up with demand.

They'll have lots of CP4 high pressure fuel pumps now that Cummins has gone back to the trusty old CP3! :B

Ram just needs to go back to the solid lifters and higher tension rings and maybe some of their problems will be fixed.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
stickdog wrote:

I think it's because Ram drivers like to gut the exhause system

Funny you say that. I ran into a hot shot driver Saturday at the boat/rv storage where I store my boat and he just finished removing the factory exhaust system and installed a tuners on two fairly new ram trucks. He said him and his driver where having nothing but emissions problems so he was forced to take matters in his own hands.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:
My close friend manages a fairly large Ford dealership and claims that Superduty sales are up 15% and that the Kentucky plant is working 3 shifts trying to keep up with demand.

They'll have lots of CP4 high pressure fuel pumps now that Cummins has gone back to the trusty old CP3! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

kellem
Explorer
Explorer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Tuff for GM to do much better in my hometown since the one Chevy dealer has nine new 1500s on his lot none of which are 4x4s much less Z71s or Trail Bosses. In the "olden days" my local dealer would have 30 new 1500s on the lot.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ford sells more trucks just like McDonalds sells more burgers. Doesnโ€™t mean theyโ€™re the best burgers....or trucks!
LOL

But these stats are or can be as skewed as most.
Number of dealers, production capacities, etc. many factors.

Theyโ€™re all good on some days and junk on others. Pick your flavor!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
4x4ord wrote:
If Chevy and GM combined out sell Ford than GM outsells Ford. Ford claiming they are the top selling truck is kind of a farce.

Semantics. Ford says they are the best selling "brand", and they are. Chevrolet is a brand, and GMC is a brand. Chevy and GMC combined is not a "brand".

Same as every truck brand saying they have the "best towing in their class", or "highest payload rating in their class", or best "..........". Every wonder how they can all be the best at the same things? They all define what their specific class is.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
If Chevy and GM combined out sell Ford than GM outsells Ford. Ford claiming they are the top selling truck is kind of a farce.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
BurbMan wrote:
Seems like all you see around here are Rams, I would have thought their numbers would be higher.

It is highly regional. Saw a state by state map once showing which trucks are more popular by state. Forgot now which states leaned toward which trucks. In this area, there are definitely more Ford. Ram and GM seem pretty even.

And I agree with above. Ram trucks are far more likely to have loud (sometimes incredibly loud) exhaust systems. And Ford seem to have more lifted trucks to insane levels. Still trying to wrap my head around both of those.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
Seems like all you see around here are Rams, I would have thought their numbers would be higher.

I think it's because Ram drivers like to gut the exhause system so you hear them and say what's that noise and look but you don't hear that racket when a dozen Fords or Chevy's roll by so it seems there are more Rams around.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
Sales of the GM/IH 4500-6500 trucks are gaining speed. Certainly not challenging Ford or Ram at the moment but they moving a lot trucks considering how new the product is.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
for years ford has clearly been the best selling "Brand" of pickups, and I suspect that will continue. but also in many of those years GM has sold more pickups when Chevy and GMC are combined.

And then ford has the advantage of the 450's 550's etc to add to the volume while GM pretty much abandon what little market share they had in the 450 and up when the dropped the Topkick line.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!