cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'22 Powerstroke seems a little thirstier than the '21 was.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm getting the idea that my '22 F350 (which should be exactly the same truck as my '21) uses at least 15% more fuel than my 21 did. I calibrated the fuel meter on the '21 but I'm not confident that I have the '22 set right ... I haven't filled the truck using a legal for trade meter yet. Filling only to the first click off, the meter I have been using just told me it took 132.5 litres to fill my 128 Litre tank (I figured I had 2 litres remaining so 126 litres is what I was expecting). Has anyone put more than 128 litres/34 US gallons in their 128 litre/34 gallon tank? Even if my pump meter is out 5% I'm feeling quite confident that my '21 was consistently getting better fuel economy.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
84 REPLIES 84

time2roll wrote:
How old qualifies as a beater? When I can sell mine for what I paid maybe I will trade ๐Ÿ˜‰ (not really)

My dealer offered to buy my 2020 with 15,000 miles for more $$$ than I paid for it new... BUT, I would be paying big bucks for a replacement.. I'm good for now..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
How old qualifies as a beater? When I can sell mine for what I paid maybe I will trade ๐Ÿ˜‰ (not really)

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
Do late model trucks even depreciate these days? Other than the stupid high cost of tax and registration fees Iโ€™m pretty sure I could trade in every year and lose very little $.

Pickups haven't depreciated too badly for awhile, especially diesel pickups. That said the last year or two has been strange in that regard. Limited availability and much higher real world pricing on new trucks have really propped up older truck values. I think I could sell my 2015 for what I paid new or very close to it, and that's 7 years and 85k miles later.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Bionic Man wrote:
Do late model trucks even depreciate these days? Other than the stupid high cost of tax and registration fees Iโ€™m pretty sure I could trade in every year and lose very little $.

Depreciation is affected by demand. Demand is high. Pretty sure I could sell my 2 yr old truck with 28k miles for at least as much as I paid.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
4x4ord wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Why so many new trucks? Daddy own a dealership?

Itโ€™s certainly not on account of feeling the need for a new truck. I think my dealership treats me pretty good on the purchase price of the new ones and I have a guy that buys my used trucks who also treats me pretty well. At the end of the day driving a new truck every year just seems to make sense.

Im the opposit, I always look for the lease returns so I don't have to pay the huge part of the depreaceation. but I also keep them till they don't work for me anymore also. I was going to sugest you tune it, my buddy did his 2017 and it went from 16. somthing to 12.somthing driving around town. one more emmision issue with mine and its getting the full meal deal also... mind you its been 3 years since I threatened it with that and there has been no issues..:R

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Itโ€™s certainly not on account of feeling the need for a new truck. I think my dealership treats me pretty good on the purchase price of the new ones and I have a guy that buys my used trucks who also treats me pretty well. At the end of the day driving a new truck every year just seems to make sense.

Or more often if it was not taking so long for new trucks.;)
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Jealousy will get YOU nothing..

You/ ME / nobody on here have ANY IDEA what any of the other members do for a living, or their finical status....

With the exception of Cummins 12V.. he is a part time B & W Representative :B

With Cummins12V a B&W rep, then gosh dang it, he needs to step up to the plate and send us B&W hats!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Flashman wrote:

2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
He just needs to order a RAM and be done with it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

:B
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
He just needs to order a RAM and be done with it. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
ford truck guy wrote:
Flashman wrote:

You/ ME / nobody on here have ANY IDEA what any of the other members do for a living, or their finical status....

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mlh wrote:
I sense a lot of jealousy on this thread. If he wants a new truck every year, so what?

I'd say more like a lack of paying attention...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
I sense a lot of jealousy on this thread. If he wants a new truck every year, so what? If he didn't buy one every year and drove around in an old beater, would your life be any better because of it?

4x4ord, good luck to you. Mine is a '21, but if I found the right deal on something better, I'll be shopping too.
2021 Ram 2500 Crew, 6.4, 4x4
2022 Cherokee Arctic Wolf 287BH
B and W patriot 18k slider.

Flashman wrote:

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet