cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48 lower states, 10 months, 1 wife, 1 dog, 1 truck camper

Lebeter
Explorer
Explorer
Every state was at least overnighted at minimum, but many days in each state was the norm. Many backroads, rarely major highways, and mostly state parks, national parks, blm, forestry campgrounds, and occasional walmarts. Met a lot of wonderful people along the way and met many new friends. We left October of 2016 from the northwest down the western coast through the fall, crawled along the southwest/southeast through winter and then up the eastern seaboard and northeast through the spring. Up into the UP and midwest through the early Summer and then back into the northwest. I used this forum early on along with a few other resources to get some ideas, and wanted to give back. My wife has vlogged the last 3rd of the trip, and I'm trying to do how-to videos to give back to the community so others can learn how to do the same thing.

I want to thank the truck camper community here for all the information that helped us make this dream trip happen. I work on my cars/trucks myself so I will try to go into all the nuts and bolts of the last year in our how-to series on youtube in the coming year. youtube

Our instagram picture feed is here where we mostly cataloged our trip. instagram gallery

Started looking for ideas from my first post here on the forum.

I'm happy to answer any questions but plan to put in some work on our video series. If you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to reply and I will note the most popular topics and we will create some content. There are a lot of couples who do the truck camper thing, but not as popular as other RV'ers in general, so if I can help another guy help talk his wife into doing the truck camper thing, I'm happy to help. Even after this trip, we still wouldn't have done it any different with our setup. Thank you again to the folks here who are regular contributors and look forward to hearing suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6

Lebeter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, appreciate yhe comment!

Grit dog wrote:
Awesome trip and nice lookin setup!

Lebeter
Explorer
Explorer
We did Florida in March but they have some great state parks in the northeastern part of the state. Sebastian inlet and fort desoto were nude too. Think if you like the spot you are at, stay till you get bored. We tried to extended stay places we enjoyed!

Kayteg1 wrote:
I started 2 months ago and so far have about 10 states on my list.
What is good in Florida this time of the year? We stay at beautiful lake in GA right now and I am not in hurry to get moving again, since I am busy teaching my dog how to scuba.
I did travel in my active years and not all the places I have seen 14 or more years ago look as good as I remember them.
Will look into albums later tonight.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Awesome trip and nice lookin setup!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I started 2 months ago and so far have about 10 states on my list.
What is good in Florida this time of the year? We stay at beautiful lake in GA right now and I am not in hurry to get moving again, since I am busy teaching my dog how to scuba.
I did travel in my active years and not all the places I have seen 14 or more years ago look as good as I remember them.
Will look into albums later tonight.

Lebeter
Explorer
Explorer
I'd love to have it take 7 years, but our budget/savings dictated the ~ year long trip 🙂 You can never see everything, but we picked the things that interested us the most and still left a lot of west coast sights to see for the future since many of them are in our backyard.

Old-Biscuit wrote:
10 months.......Took us 7 yrs :B

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
10 months.......Took us 7 yrs :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31