Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

8 foot bed?

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the market foR
a used f 350 diesel crew cab with an 8 foot bed it's like finding a needle in a haystack, has anybody else noticed its hard to find a crew cab with an 8 foot bed single rear wheel? Thanks Lou
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator
34 REPLIES 34

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
mattyj wrote:
mattyj wrote:
Seacraft Skipper wrote:
I tried out a truck similar to what you described. a 2009 Ford double cab, 4whl dr. long bed (8ft) diesel in extra clean shape and not to far for you to go and see it.
Mastria Subaru Rt44 Raynham MA They took it from took auction. The carfax on it 2was clean. I have 2500HD GMC and was thinking about a trade.
This was the King Ranch Lariet Modle, Had all the bells and whistles you could ask for.
Goodluck
Bob Durfee
Thanks for the info. but Im looking for a heavier truck, I went to website and its an F 250 . Now I have decided to go for an F 350 DRW ,like the previous poster stated, Im better off with a larger truck to expand my options of camper choices on top of the added safety. thanks, Lou
That is beautiful I hope everything works out for you. I have been looking on ebay but Im apprehensive sight unseen. But who knows.

Ours was sold by a dealership. They sent us video and supporting documentation. Our bank dealt with their bank and the whole transaction was pre insured
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
I found mine many states away using searchtempest.com. I was in the same boat, looking for a specific vehicle. Found it in Utah. Actually ended up swapping vehicles as the previous owner was looking to downsize to a Ranger.
2006 F350 Dually PSD
2008 Keystone Laredo 29RL 5th Wheel

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
mattyj wrote:
Seacraft Skipper wrote:
I tried out a truck similar to what you described. a 2009 Ford double cab, 4whl dr. long bed (8ft) diesel in extra clean shape and not to far for you to go and see it.
Mastria Subaru Rt44 Raynham MA They took it from took auction. The carfax on it 2was clean. I have 2500HD GMC and was thinking about a trade.
This was the King Ranch Lariet Modle, Had all the bells and whistles you could ask for.
Goodluck
Bob Durfee
Thanks for the info. but Im looking for a heavier truck, I went to website and its an F 250 . Now I have decided to go for an F 350 DRW ,like the previous poster stated, Im better off with a larger truck to expand my options of camper choices on top of the added safety. thanks, Lou
That is beautiful I hope everything works out for you. I have been looking on ebay but Im apprehensive sight unseen. But who knows.
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lou

check out ebay, and Texas, we just picked up a F350 Dually CC 4x4 with the 6.7L diesel with 89k for 38k with all the extras. $1000 to ship it to CA. Loving it so far.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Seacraft Skipper wrote:
Goodluck
Bob Durfee

Seacraft_Skippe
Explorer
Explorer
Goodluck
Bob Durfee
Seacraft Skipper
"Semper Paratus"
2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 ExCab L/b Air lift A/B.
2002 Lance Lite 915.
1972 20ft Seacraft Sport Fish.

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
I don't mean to be unreasonable and everyone has considerations.

If someone showed up at my door with a DRW truck with a manual transmission, I would probably trade them. I never expected that I would want or need a DRW truck. But given that carrying a camper requires serious payload, in hindsight, I wish I'd got one. I expected to TOW a camper when I bought a 1 ton SRW. Now, knowing that I'd prefer to CARRY one....a DRW truck is the ideal option in my view.

If you already have a truck, fitting a camper to it may involve compromise. If you don't already have a truck, get a DRW! Consider even getting a 550/5500 if the budget allows. Nothing wrong with picking the camper first.....but picking the heaviest duty truck allows you to pick whatever camper you want.....which to me is worth it.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be careful with ebay.
I become expert in ebay vehicle buying as for years I am buying Mercedes diesels on east coast and picking them up for drive to California.
Mercedes usually are pampered vehicles and never got burn on them.
The F350 dually come from ebay as well presented by reputable auctioneer and they did cheat on the description.
I made big margin for cheating and bought the truck for 40% of KBB but good deal on paper can very fast become so-so deal once you open the hood. I drove 400 miles with wife to pick it up and having option to leave it, decided to take it.
Bottom line, never have the vehicle shipped and don't prepay.
Cash in hand and return ticket is the way to success.

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Well actually I prefer a dually but I can't fit it on the side of my house but I may decide to get one anyways a nd just keep my camper in the front.My camper needs an 8 foot bed, so I may have to go for an extended cab or drw, time will tell and I don't know if I would feel comfortable buying one on ebay for instance and having it ship to me sight unseen.

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Well actually I prefer a dually but I can't fit it on the side of my house but I may decide to get one anyways a nd just keep my camper in the front.My camper needs an 8 foot bed, so I may have to go for an extended cab or drw, time will tell and I don't know if I would feel comfortable buying one on ebay for instance and having it ship to me sight unseen.

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
twodownzero wrote:
Do yourself a favor and just buy a F350 DRW. You'll thank me later.

Easy to spend other peoples' money. Maybe he needs the truck for other purposes where a dually wouldn't be practical.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
twodownzero wrote:

Right. I hesitated to buy another dually as my flatbeds in the past were not too economical, but 2007 F350 has good gearing and with 6l engine I am getting solid 16 mpg with CC at 70 mph with camper shell.
10 mpg going to Sierra with my monster TC
Don't know how much SRW truck could save, but tire cost is marginal, while stability in hauling and additional safety is priceless.

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try your local plumber, thats were I got mine:)

That 7.3 is amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

And now
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads