Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A add-on for the almost blind old guy

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hello.
Yup, a add-on for the almost blind old guy. I probably mentioned here before that I have lost 95% of my central vision from Macular Degeneration. Added the CAMPER CRADLE. It was difficult for me to see if the tc was centered when Brenda back up to it. Not any more. Now when she gets up to the roller I tell her to stop. She puts the truck in park and sets the parking brake. I reach to the roller to feel where the tc is hitting it.. The 2 times we have use the cradle she was almost perfect. I would tell her to back up and the roller would move the tc a smidge and in to the truck the tc goes centered. And it stays centered going down the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlD54hP5jg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DSN4NitxUU
I did the install myself. Easy peasy. Brenda came out and read the tape measure to make sure that the distance between the rollers was correct.
Now have to come up with something to keep the front end of the tc up by the cab from moving side to side. Thinking of a wood curb bolted to the floor. Those of you folks that have this issues,. What have you done to stop the movement.
I have the Fastguns as tight as I can get them.
Brenda and Bill
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duals

CC 8' bed LTZ Dura Max 6 speed Allison
Safe Travels
2020 Lance 1172
I have tried several time to delete my old signature listed below but it never updates. So I qui trying.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax
18 REPLIES 18

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Pete_k, thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in my post the tc only moves a smidge. I DO NOT USE THE ROOLERS to move the tc. Brenda has to in the center before I tell her to backup. I know that you can't move the jacks that much, Yes, something will break.
Brenda and Bill
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
burningman wrote:
Itโ€™s amazing the effort people will go to avoid learning how to look in their mirrors!
You really donโ€™t need all this junk. If you would just pull way out ahead of the camper, several truck-lengths, get square and back under it while sighting down the jack legs on both sides, making them both the same, youโ€™d slide right under it square and straight every time with ease.
Using a roller to force it into position when it isnโ€™t is gonna be stressful to the jack mounts. I wouldnโ€™t use this thing.

Guy we used to camp with. Destroyed 2 sets of jacks doing the roller deal. As he would move the camper at times 3 or 4" sideways. I told him that after the first set. After he messed up the second set. I think he learned his lesson.
Roller is a good ideal, if your right to start with. But if you use them to move the camper over. Something has to give. Weak point is jacking mounting points. Or the jack legs there self.
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

burningman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itโ€™s amazing the effort people will go to avoid learning how to look in their mirrors!
You really donโ€™t need all this junk. If you would just pull way out ahead of the camper, several truck-lengths, get square and back under it while sighting down the jack legs on both sides, making them both the same, youโ€™d slide right under it square and straight every time with ease.
Using a roller to force it into position when it isnโ€™t is gonna be stressful to the jack mounts. I wouldnโ€™t use this thing.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
MORSNOW, thanks for the reply nice rig, nice campsite. I am glad I put the Camper Cradle on. After only 2 times of using it, I can tell it really solved our centering problem.
. I am going to look at the Happijack centering bar.
Brenda and Bill

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
I recently purchased a Camper Cradle too, it made loading so much quicker and easier to get it perfect every time. I used to spend a lot of time getting the camper perfectly square in the bed, but not anymore! HappiJac's front crossmember bar has centering posts that line up the front perfect.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
deltabravo wrote:
woodworker414 wrote:
I have tried several time to delete my old signature listed below but it never updates. So I qui trying.

Duramax is one word, so that needs changed too.

Lol, it must be hard for you to handle the rest of the world that isnโ€™t as perfect as you areโ€ฆ
Fwiw, that was a douchey comment.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
OOOOOOO ggggggeeeeezzzzz.
More help needed. I have looked, but can not find where I change the Good Sam Club Member. I am a Life Member., and I would like to display it.
Thank You for you help.
Brenda and Bill

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOO
I did it RIGHT this time.
I changed my signature.
WWWWWAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOO
Brenda and Bill

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo, thanks for the reply. I just, hopefully, changed my signature. I made sure that I click the SAVE CHANGES button. And at the top of the page it said that my changes have been saved.
Brenda and Bill

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
woodworker414 wrote:

Duramax is one word, so that needs changed too.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj, thanks for the reply. I was not comfortable with making the Fastguns that tight. At the last stop on the way home from the MO State Rv Rally, Good Sam, I took off the Fastgums off so I could level the tc because the campsite was not level. The front passenger Fastgun would not come off because the tc had move to the drivers side so much it was to tight. When we got home the tc had move back and I was able easily to removed the Fastgun.
Brenda and Bill

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
MT BOB, thanks for the reply. Nope, not a plastic bed liner. Good thick rubber horse stall mat. I am leaning to wood bumpers.
Brenda and Bill

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces, thanks for the reply. I will check those out to make sure I do that, and click save changes.
Brenda and Bill

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp, thanks for the reply. I thought that I did click on savvechanges. I will go back again to make sure.
Brenda dnd Bill
2014 Silverado LTZ,3500HD, 4x4, CC, LB, DuraMax,
2020 Lance 1172
Safe Travels
Brenda and Bill