cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A-frame trailer jack

boscowtx
Explorer
Explorer
Am going to replace my manual jack on my Apex, what is the best electric jack to buy, lots of choices!
2009 Chevy D max, 4x2, extended cab, SB
13 REPLIES 13

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had an Ebay Ultra-Fab 4000... Never had a problem with it.

Never will I have a travel trailer without one.
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

odyknuck
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of converting my Toy Hauler to electric jack. So many to choose from. There are a lot of them on ebay ranging from a 100 bucks to 300 bucks. Are the cheaper ones ok or will I be replacing it in a short time? I use the Toy Hauler 3 times a year. I here getting the biggest and longest stroke. I currently have the typical 2000# hand crank and it lifts it fine. So my question is will the 3000# electric do the job? I do have the load equalizer system that requires lifting it higher than normal hense the reason to go electric. Please advise.
"Make life better, relax and adjust to enjoy"

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Main thing is buy a good brand name (I have a Barker but there are others as well)and get one with the longer throw they make so you minimize having to use a lot of wood if you have a parking spot sloping towards the front of your camper a lot.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Main thing is buy a good brand name (I have a Barker but there are others as well)and get one with the longer throw they make so you minimize having to use a lot of wood if you have a parking spot sloping towards the front of your camper a lot.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
(Not going to get into your standard argument mode Bumpy.) But I doubt the original poster has a 300 pound tongue weight on his 22 foot apex (the coachmen site says 440 dry) and he has a full size pickup truck with a diesel(also heavy) so getting the heaviest jack one can should take care of the " my lightweight jack can't pick up the hitch enough to get my weight distribution bars to snap up" question later.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
memgrove wrote:
We use an atwood heavy-duty. The first one was bad right out of the box but being that they are built here in town a replacement was only a phone call away. Now we have no problems at all. A couple of tips to look for are lifting weight (buy the heaviest one you can afford) and stroke, if you have two or three steps at the door buy a long stroke jack. You wont be sorry.

since I have about 300 lbs of tongue weight, why do I need a 7500 lb jack?
bumpy

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
We use an atwood heavy-duty. The first one was bad right out of the box but being that they are built here in town a replacement was only a phone call away. Now we have no problems at all. A couple of tips to look for are lifting weight (buy the heaviest one you can afford) and stroke, if you have two or three steps at the door buy a long stroke jack. You wont be sorry.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
For a $100 on ebay, check the Ram. Good luck.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Seems like every time this question comes up the Barker gets very good comments.
I've had one for 10 years, abused it and never have done any maint. to it yet it still works perfectly.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have had Atwood electric jacks (2 ) for over 16 years and have never had a single problem.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
I have atwood and love it will never not have one. As for which brand they all work good and most will tell you to go with the biggest one.
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

SWD
Explorer
Explorer
Had an off shor one. Great price at $140 and works well after 3 years.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I had a barker for 20 years before I gave it to my son and he used it for another 2 years before he traded in his TT and then he gave it to his cousin. they last a long time I would buy another and I did.