Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Jayco JayFlight 24FBS - 5 month review

Hi all,In February this year we bought our first travel trailer, a 2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS. We’ve been out about 4 times so far, for a total of 10 nights or so. We’ve towed it around 2,000 miles all told. All of our camping so far has been in W...

New Diesel break in period

Some one on this site mentioned that I should drive my 2013 GMC 3500 Duramax a certain number of miles before I started towing with it.....Does any one know what that figure really is or where I can find out....

"No fun while towing"

Just musing tonightI keep seeing this term"It will be no fun while towing with (insert whatever here)"Mostly this term refers to someone answering another person who they perceive has a lesser tow vehicle. . Diesel guys say - its no fun towing with ...

jerem0621 by Explorer II
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

New Tow vehicle questions

Got a 2011 2500HD Silverado Crew Cab with Duramax and Allison.Did a couple of short tows, hour to hour and a half. Have a 28' TT about 7000lbs. Pulls great so far all smiles.:)) couple questions. Do most people tow with the tow/haul mode on or off, e...

joe_puma by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Hitch Folks

AllI tested my luck one too many times with my bike rack on the rear square metal hose carrier (if it was a bumper it'd still be attached - I digress) 849 miles into an 850 mile trip it gave up the ghost.In the process of bidding out a custom hitch a...

pyramid

So I was wandering the web this morning and stumbled onto this comical picture (story behind it was just as comical) and figured it was a good pictorial description of what happens when you leave your black valve open while hooked up.

black water tank

Second time using our 03 StarCraft hybrid. Used the toilet with great success on our first trip (#1's only). Tank was empty when we started and 2/3 when we left. Way out I emptied black then gray. So I thoughtJust filled up fresh water tank .....s...

thedietz by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on Roof Sealing Products

Hey all-- Another roof leak!! I have a 40Ft Citation bumper pull, with a small leak in the front end somewhere. I know it is in the front because I covered the front 6 ft with a tarp and jacked the front end slightly during a heavy rain and had ...

Rear Camera Ques. F- 350

Just got our new F-350,after a L O N G 16 wk. wait. Has anyone spliced their rear camera lead wire in order to remove the rear tailgate? I would like to know what male/female connectors (plugs) to use and where I might purchase them.

K_Mac by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese Dual Cam Head Replacement

Has anyone had luck with replacement of a faulty hitch head by Reese? I called Reese today regarding the upper lip of the trunnion socket on the drivers side bending on a 45 degree bend toward the truck. It looks like a good bump would break the li...

Towing a Casita

Hi FolksWill a 4WD 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE, V6, Automatic. tow a 3500lb Casita? or should I just look for V8 engines.ThanksLee

lee4019 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

kz spree 250s

I see this trailer has all the main things we want and weighs the same as my current hybrid! Does anyone have this model, how is kz overall?

girlsma by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes