cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Better Reverse Lights on a Camper

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone every installed a set of reverse lights on their camper. I was thinking of adding some powerful LED lights from Rigid Industries or Black Oak LED. Wiring them in will be the biggest task. Any suggestions?
Happy TC'N,
David

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If you've got package railing on the roof you can attach Docking lights to it.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I put a pair of China's Best brand LED floodlights on the back of my trailer. They work great coming in to a dark site at night.

Should be easy enough to do on a TC... If you can find the wiring harness for your Bargman 7-way, you can tap into the reverse line there, or the harness for a tail light and pickup reverse there.

If you're looking at more than 20 watts of lights, consider using a relay to avoid taxing the existing lighting circuit.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the power of backup lights limited in Colorado? I’d check first.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad