cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Affirmed our choice

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
We went to an RV show today and looked at about 50 trailers. At the end we both agreed that of all the ones we looked at ours suited us best. It felt good! ๐Ÿ™‚
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC
9 REPLIES 9

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
The things I thought were nice were the cute fireplace fire warmers, the giant TV screens, the recliners chairs, and the DW's favorite, the separate dinning table and chairs.

All nice amenities but not very practical for us. We do not spend much time in our TT except to sleep and make breakfast.

For those who winter over in a southern resort campground, they would be nice.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought our latest TT two years ago, it was not because of something we saw at an RV show. It was mostly based on our years of experience, knowing our needs (things we didn't get in previous TT), looking at floorplans, knowing weight/length limits of our TV, and then exploring various models at a dealership.

When we go to an RV show it is strictly for entertainment purposes and gathering some potential ideas for future mods. We won't be in the market for another TT for many years, if ever.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Anmacc2 wrote:
We went to an RV show today and looked at about 50 trailers. At the end we both agreed that of all the ones we looked at ours suited us best. It felt good! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep, I've been in the same boat. I've been looking for a suitable replacement for my F150 but in the short 4 years, to get the same features I already have, I'll be looking at spending $10K more than what I did on my current F150!! GM and Ford trucks have skyrocketed in those short years!

My wife has also stated how much easier it'll be to find a new house if we didn't have the trailer to store there (I'm not a fan of storage yards). So I thought about some Pop Ups. Price wise it's a wash for what I already have, but I'll have far less conveniences and amenities.

Plus the wife really likes our floorplan of our 26BH and wasn't so happy with the downsides of the previous pop up. In fact she hated it so demanded some amenities that just aren't offered in pop ups.

So I thought if we did try the pop up route again and find we didn't like it, the new Jay Flight 26BH is not anywhere as nice as what we have.

We have 4 floor heat vents, one in the bathroom, one next to the bunkbeds, one by the kitchen, and one in the front bedroom. New model only has foil ducting in the walls and only 2 spots, one out of the sofa bottom and one at the bottom of the wall in the front bedroom. I guess the kids get to freeze?!!

Besides, they cheapened the frame to handle less load, and took away some storage divider walls.

The biggest thing is that we love having a rear bedroom dresser along with the single bunk above and the double size bunk below. This is not even an option now as both bunks are double sized with no dresser to put the kids stuff. Guess now you have to play duffle shuffle like we did in the pop up with no dresser for the kids clothes and toys.

So we decided to keep what we have as I don't think we will ever be able to have as nice a floorplan as we do already.

I'll just need to keep my truck longer and hope resale doesn't plummet with high mileage.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:
I did notice two things. Slides were bigger but they often blocked the interior when closed and they are using the same appliances that are in my 2010 Dutchmen.

Yeah, we noticed the same things. One of the things we like about our TT is that it is fully functional with the slide closed. Also, we so don't like the slides on the starboard side. We much prefer the long awning over the patio. One thing is for sure, different strokes for different folks. :W
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
RV shows are a great experience for anyone who has never gone. It's a great chance to see a lot of RVs in a relatively low pressure setting.

I just bought my 5th trailer over the last 15 years or so (bought/sold some due to the economy and having kids) and totally agree that research is key to making the right choice. I spent an absolutely ridiculous amount of time on manufacture's websites looking at floor plans and on the net shopping prices. But, in the end, I ended up with a perfect trailer for my family and feel like I stole it ๐Ÿ™‚

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Our experience at the last couple of RV shows is the same - I'd like to think all the research and shopping we did before getting our Coachmen paid off.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup. When you guess right it feels good. We just came back from an RV show to scope out what was new, same feeling.

I did notice two things. Slides were bigger but they often blocked the interior when closed and they are using the same appliances that are in my 2010 Dutchmen.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, whenever we go to an RV show, we always come home with the same affirmation. We haven't been to an RV show in 3 years now (since we bought our last TT). No need to look any further when you already have the BEST!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you go out to dinner with some of the money you saved? ๐Ÿ™‚