cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Cond coolingThermostat (line voltage)

JCR-1
Explorer
Explorer
My Coleman Mach air cond fan continuously runs when the thermostat kicks off the compressor . Since it is rather noisy I was wondering if anyone wired in a thermostat to where the whole unit shuts off when desired cold temperature is reached. I am interested in recommending a good thermostat and best location like the circuit breaker panel as I think the A/C has its own dedicated circuit or other..Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

JCR-1
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
There is a company called Airswitch that does exactly what you want.

http://airswitchrv.com/products.html

That is it.. Perfect.. Thanks for your help Much appreciated

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
There is a company called Airswitch that does exactly what you want.

http://airswitchrv.com/products.html

PaulJ2
Explorer
Explorer
My Lance trailer has a Coleman Mach roof air direct blow unit. Has a wall thermostat Coleman Mach unit. On the front it says Coleman Mach RV Comfort.HC. Has a fan switch that has---Fan-High,Low, Auto position. In auto position fan shuts off with compressor.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
it has been done in a few different ways there has been instructions in this forum before here are some videos Installing thermostat for a Coleman Mach AC

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
JCR-1 wrote:
Unfortunately there is no "auto" setting on this Mach Air Cond.

That's because you didn't make it clear in your original post that what you have is a direct blow system with the thermostat controls mounted on the unit's ADB instead of a ducted system with wall mount thermostat that would have an AUTO mode. If this is important enough talk to a dealer about replacing that ADB with a ducted grill and wall mount thermostat.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

JCR-1
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately there is no "auto" setting on this Mach Air Cond.When you set the thermostat (rotational dial goes blue to red) and you reach the temp you want the compressor kicks out , but the fan continues to run. I want to install a thermostat on the incoming 120 v line to control both fan and compressor to turn on and off together.
The switch has off, low fan , high fan, low cool , high cool.Thats it no AUTO .

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I do not think there is anything close to a plug and play thermostat that will replace the controls up on the ceiling unit.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fan setting should be in AUTO........in auto it starts/stops with compressor

In High or Low speed settings it runs....can also run when using t-stat for HEAT

Now IF t-stat is broken (in auto and still runs) then either a new OEM t-stat or a Honeywell/Hunter digital can be used as replacement

Post YEAR, Brand/Model of that Colemen-Mach for suggestion on t-stat swap

Or ....place Fan in AUTO

HERE is info on Honeywell Digital T-stat Swap
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31