cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

air condtioner/thermostat isue

elm3420
Explorer
Explorer
The thermostat in my camper isn't working right. You have to turn the temperature to 85 to get the air to come on. Then after it runs for a while and it is clearly cooler than 85 you have to turn down the thermostat down just a little and then it turns off. I believe that the thermostat needs to be replaced. But the other thing that is happening is that sometimes after the air is running for a while it pops the breaker. Is this being caused by the thermostat issue or is there a separate issue with the air conditioner? Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
Eddie, LeAnne, Hayden & Kaleb
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab w/ 5.7 Hemi VVT
2009 Flagstaff Super Lite 27BHSS ran into by a deer
2023 Jayco Jay Flight 265RLS
6 REPLIES 6

elm3420
Explorer
Explorer
The thermostat that I have is a Duo-Therm model # 3107541. And the air conditioner is a Duo-Therm model # 57915.009. they are made by Dometic
Eddie, LeAnne, Hayden & Kaleb
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab w/ 5.7 Hemi VVT
2009 Flagstaff Super Lite 27BHSS ran into by a deer
2023 Jayco Jay Flight 265RLS

JCR-1
Explorer
Explorer
FrankShore wrote:
Get a cheap Coleman-Mach air controller, that should do the trick. Make sure it's one that's digital too!

What is that (describe please) and how does it work. Thx

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Some newer digital thermostats communicate via a serial port on the controller and not wired the same way as an older home thermostat. Mine was serial on my 5 year old trailer until I recently replaced it by also building a replacement controller. Unless you are willing to do all of that, you probably should replace the thermostat with one like the original.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replace the thermostat first. They are cheap and it's easy to do. You do not need a specific RV thermostat. A household one will work.

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is you have multiple issues, it is hard to say more without more information, like what brand and model is your air conditioner, ....

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Get a cheap Coleman-Mach air controller, that should do the trick. Make sure it's one that's digital too!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!