cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And you thought your parking spot was tough

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
I have to park my TT in my back yard which means I have to back my TT between two houses making an S curve into my back yard. Not too bad but still not always easy. I know other people have it worse than me.

Glad I am NOT this guy!! Clicky
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller
30 REPLIES 30

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
To give a little more info on the video...I am assuming it is in Australia because the trailer is a Jayco Expanda, which is Jaycos Australian line.
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller

shakyjay
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillB800si wrote:
No wonder some people think so little about "campers'.
Here's some one who can afford a big brick home- a paver brick driveway and can't afford to store his trailer in a storage facility???
Wonder how his neighbors feel about looking at a trailer everytime they drive down the street?

:h Wonder how you came to the conclusion that he can't afford to store his trailer?

I watched the video and all I saw was a guy who backed a trailer up a very steep driveway and into a very tight spot at the top. All things considered he did a pretty good job. Did not cause any damage to the trailer or the house. As far as tow vehicle and it's transmission really not enough info presented to make any real determination.
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2004 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel
1999 Dodge 1500 5.9L Gas

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP , sounds like you have it worse then me. But, I do have to back around a corner and up a hill to get my TT back in the shed after I'm done camping. The shed is dark inside and you can't see in there. And, after I get it in the shed the front of my pickup I still on the hill making unhooking harder.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
quote=whiteeye42 my answer to you would be if you don't like it don't look at it in other words my yard my camper i will do with what i want as long as there is no HOA or city law against keeping the trailer at home in a side yard...quote
========================================

And it's the attitude like yours that has proliferated so many city ordinances against parking trailers in suburban home sites.
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
Here's some one who can afford a big brick home- a paver brick driveway and can't afford to store his trailer in a storage facility???
Wonder how his neighbors feel about looking at a trailer everytime they drive down the street?

my answer to you would be if you don't like it don't look at it in other words my yard my camper i will do with what i want as long as there is no HOA or city law against keeping the trailer at home in a side yard
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cell phone photographer was a blond. You can see the wind blowing blond hair in front of the camera lens.
There is no way I would ever even think about about backing a trailer up a driveway that steep.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like a new owner. Bit there are a few things that need to be done differently.

1. Back in from the opposite direction and use the street across the road.
2. Get a front hitch and push the trailer in nose first.
3. Get a lot more practice at backing up.

Now for the obvious. Time to sell the house on the hill and buy one with a flat driveway!
And learn how to record with a camera phone.

Nothing wring with that spot next to the house, as it is behind the front side of the garage. And to see it from the street you would have to strain your neck to look up to find it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

OBSPowerstroke
Explorer
Explorer
avoidcrowds wrote:
I sure hope they have a low-range on their 4wd, or they will burn out the tranny/clutch after a few times of putting the trailer away!

I was thinking the same thing! Plus that SUV looks way too small for the size of the trailer.

I have a somewhat tricky parking spot that involves backing over a curb and up a somewhat steep, curved driveway through a 12 foot gate, but this video makes my endeavors look easy. I have to use 4-LOW both to climb the curb and keep from smoking the clutch, and that's on a F250 diesel!

If that was my driveway, I don't think I'd go on any weekend trips with the camper, as half of it would be spent pulling it out and putting it away! :B
Josh
'16 Ford F350
'11 Komfort Resort 240RK
Portland, OR

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just me, but they made it a lot harder than it needed to be by coming at it from the wrong direction. Or using the lane across the road as a starting point. The best solution to that mess would be a storage lot.
Puma 30RKSS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You'd sure want to idle that poor thing for a while after that to let the trans cool.
But can you imagine having to think about parking that thing after every trip?

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
It looked like some unibody SUV that was backing it up.... Must have cooked the trans fluid on that!!

I have a steep driveway to back my trailer up and I use 4-lo on my F150 to back it up.. Before I figured that out, my trans temp would go over 210* in about 2 minutes....

Anyway, nice backup job none the less, but I have to jack knife mine into it's final position and miss some trees, so.... 😉

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

nephi007
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy. Watching that video gave me a knot in my belly as big as Texas!

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
That guy (not the OP, as he supplied a link to elsewhere) took longer than it appears. There were many edit clips in there.

I sure hope they have a low-range on their 4wd, or they will burn out the tranny/clutch after a few times of putting the trailer away!
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road