cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
Just stumbled upon the 'Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler' while searching for an easier way to level my travel trailer. Sounds like a brilliant way for side to side leveling.

Not happy with the plastic 'lego' type blocks that I am presently using. I'm on my second 10 block set and they keep on breaking!

Any comments on the Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler from someone that is familiar with them would be greatly appreciated.
89 REPLIES 89

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
wobly wrote:
I stumbled across this thread, saw the videos and the DW said "Order those!". So, there are two on the way to the house now.

Haven't ordered them yet, but my wife had the same reaction. "I can look at a level - if they mean we don't have to deal with going on and off the blocks, get them!" So, I will!

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
wobly wrote:
I stumbled across this thread, saw the videos and the DW said "Order those!". So, there are two on the way to the house now.

Received my two sets last week, can't wait to try 'em out.

wobly
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Dodge Ram 1500, Crew Cab, 4x4, 5.7L Hemi
2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
http://www.andersenhitches.com/Products/3604--camper-leveler.aspx

Good video to watch.

Thanks, that video is what sparked my interest in the Anderson Leveler in the first place.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

Jframpey
Explorer
Explorer
After seeing the Andersen blocks last year I made my own from a pressure treated 6X6... I have a band saw. I measured the radius of the tire and drew the shape out on a scrap of plywood. Then drew another radius 5" bigger. Works great. The scrap cut from the wedge makes the stabilizing piece. $18 made four wedges... Gave two to my neighbor for his TH!

I also made two wheel chocks... (Cross check style). Two wedges with a threaded rod to squeeze between the tires. Everything locks down tight. No rocking at all!

Joe

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
LarryJM wrote:
KS56 wrote:
Just stumbled upon the 'Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler' while searching for an easier way to level my travel trailer. Sounds like a brilliant way for side to side leveling.

Not happy with the plastic 'lego' type blocks that I am presently using. I'm on my second 10 block set and they keep on breaking!

Any comments on the Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler from someone that is familiar with them would be greatly appreciated.

How in the world are you breaking those lynx leveler blocks ... I have three sets that I use to make ramps for my 1T Van and can't envision how they woould break. Personally, I don't like the concept of the small amount of ground contact with that Anderson system since the PSI at "ground contact" has to be MAGNITUDES larger than something like the Lynx levelers and they would sink like a rock on soft ground.

Larry

I don't see it that way. While I don't have them, it appears that, once the chock is placed under beveled leveler, you not only have the portion of the leveler, but the entire chock block handling your pressure at the ground - and that chock alone looks as big, if not bigger, than a Lynx brick.

Meanwhile, have you looked at how much actual surface area of a Lynx brick hits the ground? About 90% of the size of the brick is air. It is only a very small portion that touches the ground and actually bares the weights of the vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, I use Lynx Levelers with absolutely no issues, but I don't see them as any better, in 'pressure at ground level,' than this Andersen system.

Honestly, my greater concern would be slippage. The force placed on typical boards and blocks in almost entirely vertical - meaning the weight of the trailer is actually driving the leveling device more firmly into the ground. This system, however, seems to transfer some of that weight into a lateral force (the curved side of the leveler has some force that would be trying to push the chock away). While it clearly isn't a common problem, my initial thought is that, in the right situation, this could cause the chock to slip out from under the leveler and create a stability problem.

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
KS56 wrote:

How in the world are you breaking those lynx leveler blocks ... I have three sets that I use to make ramps for my 1T Van and can't envision how they woould break. Personally, I don't like the concept of the small amount of ground contact with that Anderson system since the PSI at "ground contact" has to be MAGNITUDES larger than something like the Lynx levelers and they would sink like a rock on soft ground.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

rider997
Explorer
Explorer
KS56 wrote:

They're just as good - no, better - than the ads would have you believe. It takes under 30 seconds to level the trailer as long as you don't need to exceed the 4" maximum of the cams. They're also built very well (in the USA) and appear that they'll last quite some time.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice concept
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
JJensen79 wrote:
You'll have to send me a pic of your level once you get it mounted. I think that would make it so much easier.

I will try to post a picture once I get it mounted.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDUTOA/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JJensen79
Explorer
Explorer
You'll have to send me a pic of your level once you get it mounted. I think that would make it so much easier.

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
JJensen79 wrote:
I have these for our camper and it is a world of difference with leveling. They are as easy as they say. I get the trailer close, put them under the tires, back up a little more than level, put the included chocks in, and pull forward a little bit.
I have used them on grass, soft dirt, gravel(didn't even put a mark in them) and have not had one problem with them sinking or anything else.
Our current method is to have the wife stand on the side while I back on the levelers, similar to the video. I would like to put one of those fifth wheel levels on the front of our camper, but because it has a curved front, I am not sure how to mount it.
I know they are pretty pricey, but well worth the time it saves, especially when the kids are screaming.

Thank you kindly for the response.
I was hoping for some positive responses. Just ordered two sets (dual axles). I have a huge bubble level that I will mount at the front of my new travel trailer that can be seen from inside the tow vehicle. Should be a great setup. Now if the weather would only cooperate......

JJensen79
Explorer
Explorer
I have these for our camper and it is a world of difference with leveling. They are as easy as they say. I get the trailer close, put them under the tires, back up a little more than level, put the included chocks in, and pull forward a little bit.
I have used them on grass, soft dirt, gravel(didn't even put a mark in them) and have not had one problem with them sinking or anything else.
Our current method is to have the wife stand on the side while I back on the levelers, similar to the video. I would like to put one of those fifth wheel levels on the front of our camper, but because it has a curved front, I am not sure how to mount it.
I know they are pretty pricey, but well worth the time it saves, especially when the kids are screaming.

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some reviews from amazon. They look pretty cool. Hope this helps.
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH