cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Annual Migration

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
It appears to me, based on today's experience, that the annual migration south has begun. I got on I-95 near Fayetteville, NC this morning heading north for about 45 minutes. I couldn't believe the number of larger TTs, 5th wheels and MHs heading down the southbound side.
4 REPLIES 4

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, here in Florida, it's the time of year I dread. Although I was pretty lucky this year to get reservations in Jan & March. Just like working people up north who have to put their RVs away for winter,, so do we in Florida because we can't get reservations. The good thing is I have less than 3 years before I retire and I can move a little further north and enjoy some change in seasons. In Florida we only have two seasons, snowbird and hurricane and I'll take the latter any day. Less crowded during hurricane season.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
Going down to 31 tonight in the Louisville Ky area I'd head South if I could but can't go until the day after Thanksgiving. That's a family tradition but I'm thinking about ending it in the next year or two. Bones just don't seem like they want to take it anymore.
Can't really complain though because I'm 65 and was able to retire at 52 had to wait 3 years on my wife but we've been heading South now since 2003
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
We snowbirds have been practicing our flock formations all summer now it is time to fly south
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Have to agree. Quite a few rigs pulling into the RV parks around Tucson.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)