cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone here with a Bigfoot TC?

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
I recently put a deposit on a 2006 Bigfoot 25c10.6. Tell me what you like and don't about your Bigfoot. Any mods needed to make it dry camp worthy? I am loving the large tanks.
22 REPLIES 22

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
hedgehopper wrote:
burningman wrote:
I was dead set on owning a Bigfoot until I started researching them vs. Northern Lite.
You might wanna have a look.
X2

I'd be more then happy to do a comparo with whatever model NL you two are using against my 10.4 then report the findings on this forum.

GULFMAN
Explorer
Explorer
Thundercloud
I have a 2005 9-6 working up a solar setup with AM solar for my solar panels and parts. Would you be willing to share any of your solar setup information and placement of panels and wiring. I was thinking left and right of the front roof vent but i have a radio antenna on the left side.

Thanks

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
burningman wrote:
I was dead set on owning a Bigfoot until I started researching them vs. Northern Lite.
X2

burningman
Explorer II
Explorer II
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoots year 2006 especially 10.5 & 10.6 and BF 3000 series all years 1 look floor wall separation along driver side wall & booth , vanity wall and shower to outside wall look on roof at shower sky lite flange for bulging and separation most important open door look at flatness of floor along dinette , curvature indicates probable damage to structure from flexingstress usually caused by poor assembly ( and stripped screw holes , egg shaped screw hole ,caused by vibration & ect in base ment look up internal wall of basement storage wall along sewage pipe look at if staples are backing out I have many stories about this problem with BF 10.6/10.5 and Bf 3000 series We have been to Bigfoot factory twice with this and have worked on many and seen other owners rigs with this. some are reasonable to fix others are a nightmare to fix depending on actual place ment of basement plumbing piping and space around tanks I believe Bigfoot has been aware of this due to my and others many repeated contacts with them about this problem for years and nothings indicates, they did anything about in house corrections until recently ( see recent tc magazine article Bigfoot tour) Good luck in correcting if you purchase

see my profile for how many Bigfoots I have owned. I have personally been to factory 2 times on this problem . Also BF paid for the back haul & return of my brand new 10.11 3000 series for this problem when Mark Homes was waranty boss
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Hi welsteach
Congratulations on your Bigfoot purchase! Lots of storage and good tank size but no storage for the sewer hose. I attached a 6โ€x6โ€ vinyl fence post under the camper bumper to store it. Also check your converter/charger. The parallax will boil your batteries. Progressive Dynamics makes a replacement smart charger that is easy to install. Enjoy !
Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't found much I don't like.
Measure the truck tailgate opening. Mine has maybe 3/4" clearance on either side.
If you're putting it on a newer RAM dually be ready for some creative ways to keep the tiedowns off those big fenders.
Other than that I'm wishing mine was a 10.4 or 10.6 for the dry bath, now that I have a dually.
I'm scaling 4200-4400# with a full tank of fresh water, empty waste tanks and packed heavy with winter clothes.
edit add...yeah the bunk is a little small but I'm not too tall.
The propane tank compartment will hold water. I glued a piece of 3/4 x 3/4" aluminum angle across the bottom with some weather stripping.
I need to buy battery boxes. My batteries are on the OEM slide tray and I'm getting battery water/acid leaks on the side of the camper. Cleans off easy, so far.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
The one thing I wish Bigfoot would do is make the overhead bunk a regular queen size bed and not a RV queen. The dinettes are a little too small as well, especially when made into a bed. They are not long enough for anyone 6 feet tall or more. I would also like to see a better battery box like a tray and not a plastic box. Other then that it is a good camper.
Happy TC'N,
David