cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox 990 is my choice - but convince me otherwise!

rob990
Explorer
Explorer
I think I would like to buy an Arctic Fox 990 (used) because...
  • Arctic Fox includes a manual backup crank for the slideout in case one runs out the battery while boondocking 🙂
  • Arctic Fox 990 water tank sizes are SUBSTANTIALLY bigger than comparable campers from most other manufacturers (we are big water users)
  • Wet bath near back door is to our liking for returning from muddy adventures (not unique to AF)
  • Looks like squeezing in to use the bathroom with the slideout in is do-able, and it might be possible to have the factory install one of their couch/sofa options replacing the dinette which is even easier to squeeze by

Do any other brands satisfy these conditions? Looking to buy used around 2012 or newer.
20 REPLIES 20

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
We just looked at a AF 990 at Truck camper warehouse. Very nice unit. We were just wanting a dry bath. Bought the Adventurer 910DB instead. AF does make a 990 Dry bath too. Special order? Ours have manual crank for slide too and we just open slide up about 8 inches to use bathroom when traveling. Tank size is 41 fresh, 32 grey,and 32 black.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Artic Fox 990 looks like a great unit to have..

If you got the bigger truck with dually's and money is no object you might want to look at the side door entrance floor plans... The rear area then becomes another slide-out for setting etc...

Something like this perhaps...

Lots of serious room inside with the multiple slide outs....

If you are from around the Phoenix area check in with MELLO MIKE from the MESA AZ area and get some first hand comments on what might work best for you.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 990 ??
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look at the Host Ranier as well.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

rob990
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your opinion! I just want to know if I'm missing another good option out there. I had been looking at Lance's 992 which has larger water capacities than most Lance (not quite as big as AF), but 990 seems better if only because of the manual slideout backup!

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice, why would you want to be talked out of a very nice camper?