Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

artic fox trailors

jackbuck
Explorer
Explorer
are artic fox trailors a good trailer =Advice please
jackbuck ,2016 Arctic Fox 29-5-k ,2004 chev 3500 crew with 8100gas,Virginia.One great wife two trailor dogs,9 boys and 2 of the other kind.,all on their own, empty nest. its hard to see the picture when you are inside the frame.
25 REPLIES 25

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2004 31W (1 slider) Nothing bad about it at all. Pulls hard but so do every other trailer weighing in at 9500-1000K. Hauls lots of water, solid floors, good heat and air. We were warm in OH in a blizzard for 3 days and in Branson at 4 degrees. You need a stout 3/4 ton and lift hitch, airbags and front airshock or a 1 ton.

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to mention that Arctic Fox travel trailers come in two model levels. They're first offering is called the Arctic Fox Classic. Still built on the famous Northwoods Frame, it's contents and building construction are closer to an upgraded Nash line. By no means considered an entry model. Their premium edition is called the Arctic Fox Silver Fox. This model is easy to be identified by the molded front and rear caps. The Silver Fox edition offers the higher build quality and increased insulation offerings to name a few. All the 5th wheels produced with the Arctic Fox name are all Silver Fox editions.

bcsslc
Explorer
Explorer
I've always been impressed with the Artic Fox, we would have gone that direction if we could have found a floor plan that had a combination of bunks and master suite For a family of 5.

Judy_D
Explorer
Explorer
ours in a 2002 22 foot no slides. Still on the road Yes . Heavy Yes, Made to last Yes !!
Judy D

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
See our rig below. Did my research for many years. Northwoods and Lance were some of the few that had little bad tales on the internet. Though everyone has a lemon or three I'm sure. Heavy, yes. Built well, yes! High off ground, which I like (some don't). 4 season has worked well for us. Apparantly we enjoy the northern climates. Spent last week in Maine, and it was cold, we were toasty inside. The AC works nice also! We have over 8,000 miles on it now, and we really like it! Its our first trailer so nothing to compare it to. We had looked at the Denari also, which is a 4 season as well. It looked nice also. I think Northwoods does a good job with the converter, and the other usually unseen things that I've noticed so far. We have a lot of carrying capacity almost 3000lbs.
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Everybody has at least 2 opinions. We own a 2004 Arctic Fox 31W, 1 slider, very nice rarely have trouble. We put Michelin LTs on it, rides better. We have a 2006 Duramax and when we leave home we weigh 19500 with 139 gal fuel. Your mileage may variy. We have a Reese Camover, Airlift Airbags and Firestone 100 front airshocks which I highly recommend. I get 10.9 MPG Avg and if anyone says they are getting better, they need to come prove it to me. It ahs Central heat and air which both work great and weve been in Branson at 4 degrees and stayed warm.

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
26x here.
Heavy for the size, yes. Not the most elegant interiors compared to many, but built to last. I'll take fewer interior bells & whistles for a RV that can travel the North West and come home in the same condition it was in when we left.

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
26x here.
Heavy for the size, yes. Not the most elegant interiors compared to many, but built to last. I'll take fewer interior bells & whistles for a RV that can travel the North West and come home in the same condition it was in when we left.

Heap64
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 25Y no issues to date. Very happy campers.
James & Kim from Central Illinois
2012 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4x4 6.7, ARE Topper and Decked Draw System
2013 Arctic Fox 25Y (1250lb tongue weight with mods)
Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500 w/Reese Titan Weight Dist Shank

redwing10
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a new 25Y arctic fox last Oct and love it. Do not have 2000 miles on it yet. What I liked best and I am a welding instructor is the frame and lazy boy chair. Is it heavy yes, but I will not need to build a new frame like our rockwood pop up when I travel in the backwoods and mnts of Colorado.
Tom and Dianne
2015 Arctic Fox 25Y
2015.5 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax
ProPride 3P 1400# WDH

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at Arctic Fox and Nash trailers before buying our Lance. We really liked them, but they were too heavy for our little 4 Runner to pull. We opted for the Lance 1685 4 Season and have been very happy during our first year and just under 10,000 miles with the trailer & 4 Runner.

Good Luck & ENJOY!
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a 2013 AF 27T and other than the front cap fading are very pleased with it.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:

When we first started looking I thought the model numbers were close to the length. Not true, I would download their brochure first, to make sure I was looking at the right model number for the length I was interested in. And most dealers don't have all the models on their lot at one time. http://www.northwoodmfg.com/images/rsync/brochures/Arctic_Fox_Brochure.pdf

I've never figured out the "length" model numbers

At one time they built a 26-5C model that was LONGER then the 27-5L they made.

Also, the new model "numbers" (Nash, Fox Mountain, etc) reflect "square foot", not length.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Some general notes:

Previous to 2012, Nash and Arctic Fox where built to the same floor-plan and general specs. However some years Nash's used cheaper cabinetry and metal siding.
In that period they also build Nash 5th Wheels.

When Fleetwood went brankrupt, Ron Nash (and his partners at Northwoods) bought the Fleetwood factory in LaGrande and started Outdoors RV.
The core of the workforce at Outdoors came over from Northwoods, they are build similarly to Northwoods (Nash, Arctic Fox, SnowBird, Desert Fox, Fox Mountain, etc).

I would consider both Outdoors and Northwoods products "above average".
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.