cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome 6.0-Only Mechanic

FullTimingAt40
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I went fulltime this year, and we tow a 2013 Crusader 325RES with a '03 F250 232K with the infamous 6.0. The truck spent 4 out of 5 months in the shop this summer, went thru 3 "certified diesel mechanics" in that time and approx $13,000. We got it back from the last shop and a week later, no start yet again. In desperation I called the owner of Super Duty Service in Grain Valley, MO simply for advice as we were in New Orleans, LA. When I told Anthony the owner, our story and what had been done on the truck, HE JUMPED INTO HIS TRUCK AND DROVE 800 MILES TO NEW ORLEANS TO FIX OUR TRUCK! Not only did he point out what the other mechanics had done wrong or had ignored or had overrepaired, but he gave us lessons on how to maintain the truck that were contrary to what we had been told by the supposed "experts". Anthony wouldn't take any money from us for his trouble, he said we had paid enough to mechanics for this year. He also understands the needs of us RVers as he has done RV transport for years with his '06 6.0 that now has 798K on it. Just wanted to let our fellow RVers know, if you got a 6.0 with some issues I highly recommend getting it to Super Duty Service in Grain Valley, MO if at all possible.
51 REPLIES 51

Larryect
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to hear the advice.

I am no where MO. But, I have a 2004 6.0 that I have had upgraded with the full Bullet-Proof kit. I pretty much don't worry about it anymore, but tips are always nice.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Can I say I find this account hard to believe.
I'm not sure I would drive 800 miles to save anyone let alone a stranger..
THen he would not take any money!
OK Sure.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

puddleduck
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to hear his advice too! Haven't had any problems with my 06 6.0 but if there is stuff I could do better I'd like to know.

bmanning
Explorer
Explorer
Can you share some specifics on what advice he gave?

I don't even own a 6.0L but I'm intrigued, and I'd think 6.0L owners would be all over finding out more...

Did he have business in the NO area to tend to anyway? If not and he drove down just to help you guys out that dude's a Saint with a lot of free time!
BManning
baking in Phoenix :C
-2007 Volvo XC90 AWD V8
4.4L 311/325 V8 6sp Aisin loaded
6100lb GVW 5000lb tow
-1999 Land Cruiser
4.7L 230/320 V8 4sp A343 loaded
6860 GVW 6500lb tow
RV'less at the moment

rwjejits
Explorer
Explorer
FullTimingAt40 wrote:
My husband and I went fulltime this year, and we tow a 2013 Crusader 325RES with a '03 F250 232K with the infamous 6.0. The truck spent 4 out of 5 months in the shop this summer, went thru 3 "certified diesel mechanics" in that time and approx $13,000. We got it back from the last shop and a week later, no start yet again. In desperation I called the owner of Super Duty Service in Grain Valley, MO simply for advice as we were in New Orleans, LA. When I told Anthony the owner, our story and what had been done on the truck, HE JUMPED INTO HIS TRUCK AND DROVE 800 MILES TO NEW ORLEANS TO FIX OUR TRUCK! Not only did he point out what the other mechanics had done wrong or had ignored or had overrepaired, but he gave us lessons on how to maintain the truck that were contrary to what we had been told by the supposed "experts". Anthony wouldn't take any money from us for his trouble, he said we had paid enough to mechanics for this year. He also understands the needs of us RVers as he has done RV transport for years with his '06 6.0 that now has 798K on it. Just wanted to let our fellow RVers know, if you got a 6.0 with some issues I highly recommend getting it to Super Duty Service in Grain Valley, MO if at all possible.

OK, sure...
2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
210+ and Pulls Great
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Free Flowing Exhaust, Timbrens, ELC & Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great story, wish more mechanics had the ethics and fortitude Anthony displayed to take care of your issues once and for all without compensation for his Samaritan efforts. Those with similar tow vehicles should certainly heed your advice particularly if their issues haven't been properly rectified by their service providers.

bazdad
Explorer
Explorer
How about a phone number? His service needs talked up.