cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awful Awful Mattress

Bank_of_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up my new Puma travel trailer today. My previous Puma was showing its age and it was time for a slightly bigger model. In 2013 we could order specific upgraded items like real material on a sofa instead of plastic. So we upgraded the mattress to a better one and added a topper and all was good.
So I get the new one today with the โ€œupgrade packagesโ€ that doesnโ€™t include a better mattress. I look carefully and remove the coverings and it is nothing but plastic packing fibers. What a POS.
I guess I am off to a mattress store very soon.
Call me annoyed.
14 REPLIES 14

trailer_newbe
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Allswell, they are top notch.
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

jayflight116
Explorer
Explorer
As soon as i bought my new MPG 2550RB I ordered a King size Dynasty 10" cool breeze gel rv memory foam mattress off Amazon. think i paid like $500 but worth every cent. It is better than my sleep number at home. You would think for what you pay for these trailers now days they could at least give you a decent mattress. just sayin

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought our queen at MattressInsider.com. The first one was too soft - memory foam. Both the wife and I had issues sleeping. They let us recycle that one and sent us their latex version. Much better. I can't remember all the details, I think it has springs and not as soft as the foam mattresses, but still comes in a box. We have a sleep number at home and hard to beat that, but this one is much better than the cheap original one.

rmnpcolorado
Explorer
Explorer
If you're looking to full out replace the 'pad', we went with wildernessrvmattress.com and have been very happy. Not to mention they will size it to whatever you need as they realize that sizes vary.
2020 Ford F-150 3.5L w/Max Tow
2023 Riverside RV Intrepid 240BHi

DogTrainer
Explorer
Explorer
we put a 3 inch topper on ours. 100 bucks vs hundreds.
2007 Chevy 2500HD 6L Auto 4WD
2015 Keystone Outback 5th Wheel
Wife and 2 great kids, Son-Army 45th
Yellow Lab

tralertrash
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart mattress-in-a-box love it

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the 3" topper from COSTCO. It is ok but I would not do it again. It is very soft and you sink in making it difficult to turn over--feels like you are going uphill. Will probably purchase a new mattress in the near future. Looking at the Original Mattress Factory. Neighbor has one and highly recommends them.

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
We ditched the factory mattress and bought a new mattress from Brooklyn Bedding. Wow, what a difference. We've both been sleeping great on the new mattress and it sleeps as well as our much more expensive Tempur-Pedic mattress at home!
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Zinus brand foam mattresses via Amazon are quite reasonably priced. You can get them in short/RV queen and thin or RV/bunk singles. Got the short queen around $250 and a single bunk one for around $115 or so. I removed the upper bunk entirely. Gave my queen to my daughter to double stack in their toy hauler and the factory bunk mattresses are bagged under our bed at home for resale rebuilding the bunks.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
A good three inch topper makes a big difference in the comfort level at a fraction of the cost. If you are going to replace the mattress and if it is a standard size you might look into BedInABox. We got one for our home and itโ€™s great. Very lite weight yet provides a nice medium firm foundation with an included topper. If you get one and donโ€™t like it, you call them to arrange a return.

Might want to check the Queenโ€™s choice of pillow.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Bank_of_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
First night. Not as bad as I thought. We put a good not Temperpedic but good 3โ€ topper on and a cotton mattress pad too. The Queen complained of a headache and stiff neck but that could be from overnight weather change. We have to figure out a comfortable temperature cause it got warm overnight. Only one bedroom window opens up. Not the emergency one. Thatโ€™s a change too.

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
We got a tempur pedic 3" mattress topper for the queen size mattress in our '19 Rockwood.

Cost a few $$, but well worth it.

I replaced the whole mattress in my old trailer and should have just got the topper, because I could have just removed it and used it in the new trailer...

Good luck, Mitch

We just got a new TT and my wife wanted a new residential queen mattress before she even put her behind on the new one. She has a three inch queen "topper" for the present trailer that has the "RV Queen" mattress and we stuff the queen difference in. She was adamant until she saw the price of new mattresses that she wants. So, she is going to try it... Thank goodness. I actually LIKE the feel of the topper/mattress combo.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
We got a tempur pedic 3" mattress topper for the queen size mattress in our '19 Rockwood.

Cost a few $$, but well worth it.

I replaced the whole mattress in my old trailer and should have just got the topper, because I could have just removed it and used it in the new trailer...

Good luck, Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
My assumption is that unless I'm buying something for >50k and they specifically mention something like a Sealy mattress that I'll be replacing what cheap **** the factory included. Actually I'd love to save $50 or whatever the PoS they include costs and just not ship it. That said I actually found a use for mine, my SiL doesn't have a lot of money and one of her kids mattresses had an issue about the same time I bought my trailer so the factory one went to her. The matters may be **** by my standards but it's better than a mattress soiled by a sick dog!
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH